A Gem Growing Under My Nose

seth&angelle

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
424
Reaction score
307
Location
Mathews, La
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This acro has been randomly growing in my frag tank on the egg crate. Don’t really know where it came from. I took a closer look today and dang! It’s always looked boring and green, but I added radion Gen5s a few weeks ago. Let me know what y’all think! Also if anyone recognizes it or if I might have something new.

85D620F6-9496-46C7-BBDC-30F642EC24C4.jpeg
 
I believe strawberry shortcake and looking darn good !!
 
Very unusual piece. The blue tips look incredible. I like it.
 
I believe strawberry shortcake and looking darn good !!
I have had many of shortcakes over the past 10 years, so definitely a possibility. I never seen one with a growth pattern like this. I seem to remember their coralite structures being larger more pronounced?
 
Last edited:
I have had many of shortcakes over the past 10 years, so definitely a possibility. I never seen one with a growth pattern like this. I seem to remember their coralite structures being larger more pronounced?
Each one responds to light, flow and nutrients which affects appearance
 
Not a shortcake imo, definitely not Microclados. Maybe you do have something new? Growth and colors look very unique
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new