A good cheap doser?

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How good is Kamoer F4?

What is the best? F4 or four (4) X1? The price is the same.

Kevan Sharp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great doser here- in my experience over the last couple years

This is what I have, was recommended by my lfs. Have been happy with it so far. $69 per doser. Not as fance as others, but does the job. Has an app that you use to control dosing. blue tooth

Kevan Sharp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How good is Kamoer F4?

What is the best? F4 or four (4) X1? The price is the same.
I have the X1. It is not wifi connected. But I don't need to check dosing unless I am at home. Blue tooth works fine. You can buy as many as you need, rather than being stuck with systems that have more dosing pumps than you need. I have 3 X1s. One app for all three. Once I got it calibrated,, my water parameters are pretty much constant. Getting it fine tuned took some patience and time. Went from daily testing to every other day, twice a week, once a week. I now check Ca and Mg twice a week and Alk once a week since it is the one that the tank uses the most of.

am considering one or two more. one for daily nopox and the other for reef energy plus (when it comes out).

Markxc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont do this myself, but i read it somewhere and thought it was a brilliant idea. if you're only dosing 2 things, buy a 4 pump doser and have the first two pumps dose into containers for the second two pumps which will actually dose the tank. it can still fail, but you'd need two pumps to malfunction before your tank gets overdosed.

Stevegrant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One other thought. I’m going through the same problem of needing a doser but as a newbie I dont want to spend a lot. But then struggle with what if I need to replace it in a year because it’s not meeting my needs. Then it’s like I’ve wasted money the first time.
Please let me advise you that buying cheap doesn’t work in the long run. I had the jabao and it was always a problem especially programming from the small screen. Saved up and bought a Kamoer X4 and love it.

Kevan Sharp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please let me advise you that buying cheap doesn’t work in the long run. I had the jabao and it was always a problem especially programming from the small screen. Saved up and bought a Kamoer X4 and love it.
I also heard the manufacturer of the Kamoer system is German made with high confidence. The knowledge of the background of the Kamoer gave me confidence to buy. I believe the next level up is wifi enabled rather than Bluetooth

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But wifi dosers doesn't have any security. I heard you cannot change the broadcast name and wifi password.

So, bluetooth is more secure option.

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have both....Ghl and Jebao... :p

GHL never lost its calibration in last 2 years (checked twice) jebao needs frequent calibration check (quarterly is good).

Ferrell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using the brs dosers for two years. Not 1.1 ml for sure but once you know their output (simple timed dose) they stay pretty true. Not bad for $70 each but noisier than I like

Proteus Meep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the kamoer x1 but sent it back the same day as the units loose their program in a power outage and do not resume dosing until reconnected to the app via bluetooth (if your away or it goes unoticed not good especially for Alk dosing) ...such a shame,i thought it was a great little unit other than this major design shortfall

....come on kamoer time to get the design updated

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While dosers look all a like they are not the same. I am lucky as at my job I was the person I charge of technical calibration of dosing and probes and lighting for a food plant. It fit perfect for my hobby. So when Inwent to MACNA and looked at dosing pumps I knew what I was looking at. An this is my a settled on GHL dosers.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, @Serendipity . I didn’t want to derail the thread but saw you had a question. Shoot me a PM or head over to the equipment forum and just search for key word doser. Lots of info.

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the kamoer x1 but sent it back the same day as the units loose their program in a power outage and do not resume dosing until reconnected to the app via bluetooth (if your away or it goes unoticed not good especially for Alk dosing) ...such a shame,i thought it was a great little unit other than this major design shortfall

....come on kamoer time to get the design updated

That is very useful information! I was very close to buying a X1 but will not because of that issue. Can I ask what doser you chose? I have been hand dosing for 3 years now

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao DP-3. Installed 2 days ago in plain view. Notice the level in the bottles even. This tells me things are working right. The only way this will fail is if the controller fails and keeps on feeding. Although I like automation, I still take a peek underneath daily to make sure ALL things are operating properly. It’s good practice and safeguard for your reef livestock.

3C7ABC7D-9EBE-42F2-B77D-211B5C0DC8DC.jpeg
Still going perfect coming upon 1 year.

BigMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed a Jebao 4 head unit exactly 480 days ago. Every one will have different experiences, but I couldn't be more satisfied. Like any doser calibration is key, after running long enough to purge all air and several calibrations it has remained untouched for those 480 days. I have graduated reservoirs and add 1000ml at a time to track actual usage. It has been set to dose equal amounts of soda ash and calcium chloride. Again, hands off I have dosed 24,373 ml soda ash and 24,498 ml calcium chloride. That's within 0.5% what's not to like.

David S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the Jeboa DP-5 for 7 months now.
It has performed beyond my expectations.
I am using it for daily water changes, as well as, ALK, Calcium and Magnesium dosing.
Relatively easy to set up and spot on.
And I purchased it for $70 on EBay, with a 2 year warranty- which I think was an additional 6 or 7 bucks.
Can't beat that deal.
Just an update on my DP5:
I've had it for well over 1.5 years and still working great.
The module controlling the daily 1/2 gallon water change into the tank started to act up a bit, about a month ago. It was making a squeaking noise and not dosing the full amount.
Some WD40 eliminated the squeaking and I replaced the dosing head.
All is fine now.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • None.

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back