A hammer bailing out, could it change it's mind?

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If a hammer decides to bail out of it's skeleton, due to some kind of stress, and he's half way there (not entirely lose yet but let's say half way), could it change it's mind if all the stressors are gone and reattach himself again fully, or is it always a done deal once the process started?

OP
OP
H

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely can recover. See my post 22 with photos. My stress factor was shipping stress from broken heat pack. In January. Arrived in 50 degree water with polyps dropped

Thanks, but what i see in your first post is that it looks like it wasn't bailing out but more that parts were melted/gone, and the leftover was still fully attached, am i wright?
In that case it's a different story than a fully intact flesh part but half lose from the skeleton, which is more the definition of a bail out.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get what you mean. For mine, it wasn’t melting. the head was dropping polyps / tips from stress. They are all loose in the bag. Probably 75% tips dropped from the head. It still recovered

If I understand you, the head is detaching from the base. It will do this from stress and unfavorable conditions. It is difficult but it can recover if the situation is fixed and coral placed in low flow. It could also bail and float somewhere and die, or work on building a new skeleton.

I would love to low flow immediately to avoid water current making the situation worse

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, but what i see in your first post is that it looks like it wasn't bailing out but more that parts were melted/gone, and the leftover was still fully attached, am i wright?
In that case it's a different story than a fully intact flesh part but half lose from the skeleton, which is more the definition of a bail out.
Is it under high flow? If so put in low flow and cross your fingers.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 45 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back