• I crashed my car into a lake, lost my job, and hit my pinky tone on a table

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not an update but I just got my iPhone X! Anyone else get one?
f51deb981aed6b38fd1046412bc34d2d.jpg

My 6 took a crap before I could hold out. I had to settle for the 8[emoji6]. Being in the same realm as you being a Senior in HS you definitely have to find deals! It looks like you have that down pat though. It’s just a good thing you only have 1 hobby. Don’t ever get into cars and fish. You will be broke 24/7[emoji23]

OP
OP
Coral Hygiene

Coral Hygiene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 6 took a crap before I could hold out. I had to settle for the 8[emoji6]. Being in the same realm as you being a Senior in HS you definitely have to find deals! It looks like you have that down pat though. It’s just a good thing you only have 1 hobby. Don’t ever get into cars and fish. You will be broke 24/7[emoji23]

Nice, the 8 is pretty cool too. It’s awesome theres highschoolers out there in this hobby like you and I. I’m a sophmore though so I’m on an even tighter budget[emoji23]- I wish I was a senior.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am kind of a different senior[emoji6] I go to school 4 hr a week (2 on Friday and 2 on Monday) and work the rest of the day in an apprenticeship. It is the best thing I have ever done. So my budget is more on the same level as most college student. None the less it looks like you are off to a GREAT start. I personally like Euphyillia as well. But as you get the reefs more and more sticks will grow on you.

OP
OP
Coral Hygiene

Coral Hygiene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am kind of a different senior[emoji6] I go to school 4 hr a week (2 on Friday and 2 on Monday) and work the rest of the day in an apprenticeship. It is the best thing I have ever done. So my budget is more on the same level as most college student. None the less it looks like you are off to a GREAT start. I personally like Euphyillia as well. But as you get the reefs more and more sticks will grow on you.

Awesome, what kind of apprenticeship do you do?

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, what kind of apprenticeship do you do?

Manufacturing. Been a great jump start. 1/2 through my senior year and I️ have a full ride through college for a Maintenance Tech, from multiple businesses. If you can apprenticeships are becoming the new way to go.

OP
OP
Coral Hygiene

Coral Hygiene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Onespot Foxface finished with quarantine and has been in the DT for 2 weeks. Hes been doing great and eating lots of nori! I also got 2 skunk cleaner shrimp and a trumpet coral frag. Baby melanuras wrasse is in QT and is looking good. First step of adding livestock is off to a great start. Got new VIPARSPECTRA 165 w lights and set them up today, both were $129 each on amazon. My dad found a pretty ingenious way of mounting them, we slightly unscrewed some screws holding the piano hinge in the canopy lid and attached the wires from there.
f021ac2629d7ed88825d12b4a4fd8c1e.jpg
f44380cf7acbd184495695974a219373.jpg
a33aa6730900960de0be3ab13ce783dc.jpg
7390aab88d34d3a4e91e0308e4f6d6c3.jpg
c6683cd5e8866c6dddf1f975f1c857f0.jpg
27746c00c697df9a3852a3cf8d085b13.heic

OP
OP
Coral Hygiene

Coral Hygiene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a flame angel ($50) and and a purple tang ($70) from Michael at Nyaquatic this past week and have been in quarantine. Both have been eating great and I’m slowly ramping up on cupramine.
8b8ffe1e75cfc60d61c89857db2e5868.heic

Last edited:

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank so far; you have some good looking fish! I’m interested in purchasing from NYaquatics, and looking at the fish you got makes me feel like I should!
I brought my first reef home the day before my freshmen year of high school! Now I’m a sophomore in college and still in love with the hobby!!

OP
OP
Coral Hygiene

Coral Hygiene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank so far; you have some good looking fish! I’m interested in purchasing from NYaquatics, and looking at the fish you got makes me feel like I should!
I brought my first reef home the day before my freshmen year of high school! Now I’m a sophomore in college and still in love with the hobby!!

Thanks! I live about and hour and a half away from NYaquatic so I was able to pick mine up without any shipping. Michael is a very a nice guy and would definitely recommend that you get something from him.

I started with this hobby in middle school and don’t know where I’ll end up... hope I can stay in the hobby in college like you!

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I live about and hour and a half away from NYaquatic so I was able to pick mine up without any shipping. Michael is a very a nice guy and would definitely recommend that you get something from him.

I started with this hobby in middle school and don’t know where I’ll end up... hope I can stay in the hobby in college like you!

I’m glad to hear that, I’m always looking for new vendors. Maybe I’ll give him a shot on my next fish order.

It’s an addicting hobby, I’m sure you’ll find a way to stick around! (;

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back