A little coral collage

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RRC Sangria finally starting to look like the vendor pic...

Here's the vendor pic and various stages to most recent. Finally developing the red hues.

RRC Sangria.jpg

20201003_083942.jpg

20201113_110236.jpg

20201211_132413.jpg
20210122_122149.jpg

Polish_20210515_210530600.jpg

RRC Sangria 122021e.jpg
Everything looks incredible
How are your RRU ab and Optimus prime doing

OP
OP
Hagios

Hagios

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looks incredible
How are your RRU ab and Optimus prime doing
Thanks Charlie! The tank went through a bit of a rough spell for a while and I lost some colonies. The RRU optimus prime was one of them. The AB suffered as well and stopped growing...it's finally encrusting and shooting out new tips again. Still not sure what hit me, but it was some form of toxicity I'm speculating from either the polystyrene eggcrate or from the protein skimmer sucking in a lot of bad air from the forest fires we were having around the time the toxic episode happened.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Charlie! The tank went through a bit of a rough spell for a while and I lost some colonies. The RRU optimus prime was one of them. The AB suffered as well and stopped growing...it's finally encrusting and shooting out new tips again. Still not sure what hit me, but it was some form of toxicity I'm speculating from either the polystyrene eggcrate or from the protein skimmer sucking in a lot of bad air from the forest fires we were having around the time the toxic episode happened.
Sorry to hear that but luckily you found a way to stop the losses. Keep the awesome pics coming

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to be a stalker but just found this thread and the acros are absolutely stunning. Any chance there's a happy ending to the above and an update?

OP
OP
Hagios

Hagios

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to be a stalker but just found this thread and the acros are absolutely stunning. Any chance there's a happy ending to the above and an update?
Thanks bud...no apologies necessary. Being stalked in this hobby is a compliment.

The tank is doing a lot better now. I ended up losing some and barely saving others. One of the pieces I'm really missing is the JD Black Pearl...kind of a no name, but one of the nicest blue tables ever I've ever seen. Sadly only a handful of frags were sold and not sure if anyone has it anymore. Others I lost but was able to get back.

I'll try posting some pics and a vid of some new grow-outs and restarts sometime this weekend.

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I guess good and bad news then, but very excited for the progress shots! Going to put the picture of your SCOP against my tank to give mine a role model

OP
OP
Hagios

Hagios

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess good and bad news then, but very excited for the progress shots! Going to put the picture of your SCOP against my tank to give mine a role model
If you have been in this hobby for any length of time you soon learn it has its ups and downs continuously.

OP
OP
Hagios

Hagios

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some recent parameters:
  • Nitrate at 0.39
  • Phosphate at 0.13
  • Alk @ 7.77
Tank has been doing really well. Less smoke from the forest fires this year has helped. Surprised the nitrates are that low, but things are starting to grow out again and the color looks decent.

Picked up some newish pieces and some are re-growths from last years set-back.

CB Birthday Cake
Really like this piece, but it sat stagnant with no growth for about 5 years and has recently started growing...not sure what is up with it.
CB Birthday Cake..jpeg

CB Rainbows in Spain
Love the contrasting blue and green on this one.
BC Rainbows in Spain..jpeg

Joe's Mango Garden
Had this one before...had to get it again.
Joe's Mango Garden..jpeg

LROs Lunar Lemonade
Almost lost this one...making a come back.
LRO Lunar Lemonade..jpeg

Same LRO LL
LRO Lunar Lemonade2..jpeg

Thanks for looking all!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back