A little early but seeing if there is interest

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I came across a too good to pass up deal on a 180 gallon set up that is basically turn key for us. Haven't set it up yet as I'm getting married at the end of the month and time and free money are basically non existent right now. We will have it set up before the end of the year though and will most likely be getting rid of the current 75g set up. Obviously we will want to sell the big stuff locally so I figured it's never too early to see if there is interest in it. I'll try and list what i can think of off the top of my head that would be most likely too big to ship.

75g reef ready with corner overflow - a couple small scratches that you can't really see unless right up on the tank, comes with stand if wanted or would sell separately.
IceCap 24 sump - not sure if it will come with the ATO or if we are going to need it with the new setup
Sicce Syncra silent return pump - can't remember if it's a 3.0 or 4.0 right now. Obviously could ship this but would rather just have it sold locally.
Xyclone Protein Skimmer, 370GPH - this is not on the current setup but I still have it from the original setup and it's been in a box for like 6 months at least (only used probably 2 months)
Vertex Omega 130 skimmer - used for less than a year (probably in the 6 to 8 month range)

Again this stuff (except the xyclone) is being used currently but we will be looking to get rid of it when we have the 180 up and running. There will also be a bunch of smaller random stuff I'm sure.

MikeandDee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interested in your return pump for sure, maybe even your sump....

Pricing for pump, package deal for pump and sump?

OP
OP
jaxteller007

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interested in your return pump for sure, maybe even your sump....

Pricing for pump, package deal for pump and sump?

It didn't even cross my mind yet (pricing lol). I'm not kidding when i say between work and the wedding in 3 weeks I have a hard time remembering my name haha. I'd listen to just about any offers though if you're still interested once we have the new tank up and running.

MikeandDee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we are new to reefing (and congrats on the wedding too!) have heard a lot of reefers saying get a dc controllable pump?? is this return pump dc

OP
OP
jaxteller007

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we are new to reefing (and congrats on the wedding too!) have heard a lot of reefers saying get a dc controllable pump?? is this return pump dc

This one unfortunately is not. Like you, we heard that a DC return is the way to go but we didn't learn that until after we already had this one lol. The new set up we have, thankfully came with a DC pump.
But i've never had any issues with this pump. We're only running a 75g FOWLR though, just one small duncan for coral.

MikeandDee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is what I am running now, a fish only with live rock, 75 gallon. Am at the five month mark, and all the coral that I have tried, even LPS have died off within a month. have a 20 gallon home made sump I bought from a member of MTRC, with an HOB overflow box, for $30 from Eagle Steve. Just debating on type of pump to use... let me know when you have a price in mind. thanks and again congrats

OP
OP
jaxteller007

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks and absolutely will let you know once we do. The only coral we've really tried is this Duncan and it's done great but I hear they are pretty hardy little guys.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back