A little over 2 Months growth

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
July 6 to now on these 4 frags. Working on getting the color back on the Banana Table and the Snipers Blue.

I feel like this is pretty good right?
growth.gif

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the photo skills with out insane blue and editing. Well done on the growth and the photos.

Thank you. For all my pictures I turn down my blues to maybe 15%, just where they are barely on and I use an Olympus TG-4 underwater camera for my "good" pics and my iphone for FTS when I post them. I dont do any editing at all.

jlagee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Awesome color and growth!

Ok - obviously your doing great with the acros ... did you acclimate them to your lights gradually or just stick them where you wanted?

I have my first little frag - believe it's what you have too left in pics. It's been with me for about two weeks. It's on my sand bed and doing great, growing and coloring up from when I added it. Completely terrified to move it up - but I feel like it should be -

Ok - so I've bombed your thread and begged for your advice ..... forgive me

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Awesome color and growth!

Ok - obviously your doing great with the acros ... did you acclimate them to your lights gradually or just stick them where you wanted?

I have my first little frag - believe it's what you have too left in pics. It's been with me for about two weeks. It's on my sand bed and doing great, growing and coloring up from when I added it. Completely terrified to move it up - but I feel like it should be -

Ok - so I've bombed your thread and begged for your advice ..... forgive me
Questions are always welcome! I try and buy frags that come from LED lighting already so I just stick them where I want them. I find that they start growing and coloring up much more quickly if you just mount them and leave them alone.

jlagee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! It did come from a tank with leds But it was a much larger tank and the lights were farther from the surface. Where I want to put it is about half way up - lights are 8" from surface and tank is 15" deep. Do you think jumping from the sand bed to mid way?? I love love love it and I'm not gonna lie - I'm scared! Lol. Everything else in my tank is awesome. But I've just heard so many tales of how difficult acro is.

jlagee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be fine. If it starts to bleach just move it back down. I find acros are not good to move around too much though.
Thanks so much happyhourhero I'm gonna pick up some small rock and build him up from the sand for now. I can't imagine how's he's doing so good on the sand! Lol! Everyone else in the tank is in their respectable areas - levels for light requirements! Guess he's just different

NickK

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is great growth! What do you attribute that growth to?

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is great growth! What do you attribute that growth to?
Luck. lol

I keep alk stable but my n03 and p04 has been falling from 50ppm nitrates and 1.26 p04. Is now 10ppm and .04. I bought some anthias a while back and let feeding get out of control. Now run a tiny bit of GFO and carbon dose.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back