A Little Reef Gem...

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2011
Messages
6,124
Reaction score
1,753
Location
Chesterfield, VA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Seriatopora colony started out as a 1" browned out branch that was shipped with a Trapezia crab from LA Diver's Den:



It is now a nice, vibrantly colored 3.5" colony. :bigsmile:


Got any "Reef Gem" stories (and pics) you'd care to share?

-M&T
 
Very cool. How long did it take to grow into that?
 
Very nice looking coral Mike and Terry, and beautiful pictures as always Terry :D
 
Beautiful piece!
 
I bought this ORA Blue Milli, cheap, as a browned out frag about about 2 years ago. It started to STN from the bottom up and I only manged to save about a 1/8" TIP of it. I glued it down anyway thinking it would never grow. It sat there for about a year not growing at all. One day it started to encrust.

IMG_1436.jpg


Then it exploded into this!
IMG_1901.jpg


Never give up on a coral!
 
Beautiful corals, congratulations you two. It makes me wish I would not have given up on a couple.
 
I bought this ORA Blue Milli, cheap, as a browned out frag about about 2 years ago. It started to STN from the bottom up and I only manged to save about a 1/8" TIP of it. I glued it down anyway thinking it would never grow. It sat there for about a year not growing at all. One day it started to encrust.

IMG_1436.jpg


Then it exploded into this!
IMG_1901.jpg


Never give up on a coral!

Very NICE!
 
Very cool. How long did it take to grow into that?

It's been in the tank for about 6 months, but I've cut it back twice now. Seriatopora can grow like a weed, lol.

Very nice looking coral Mike and Terry, and beautiful pictures as always Terry :D

Thank you Barb. I think I'm almost as addicted to my camera as I am to our reef, lol.

-Terry
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new