A look inside GHL headquarters: Design and assembly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the recent launch of the new Mitras LX 7x04 LED, we felt it would be a good opportunity to give you a close-up look at how we build and prepare our products.

In this video we show how the Mitras LX LED boards are manufactured in our production facility in Germany.

Did you know?
GHL has been manufacturing and developing its products for 2 decades!
From the beginning we've held true to our core values in believing that the aquarium industry deserves nothing less than the best. That's why to this day, we continue to oversee and control all major production processes to ensure your GHL product works safely and reliably for years to come.

Our inspection process
Each and every finished component undergoes rigorous testing and quality checks. We test our own boards and do our own QC checks. Even down to the inspection of each LED diode, we check it all.
Mitras-LX-LED-cluster-quality-check.png

We do it because...
We want to make sure that each and every product that leaves GHL HQ is tried and tested to perform reliably. While our competition may outsource these tasks, we do it all ourselves. That way, we can improve existing products and innovate new ideas and bring them to life without waiting on others to deliver.

Want to learn more about GHL?
Click here to learn more about our philosophy on quality assurance and the products we offer.

Last edited:

fredk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! I didn't realize GHL did all its own manufacturing, but it should not surprise me.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for the behind-the-scenes peek! :)

Last edited:

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
With the recent launch of the new Mitras LX 7x04 LED, we felt it would be a good opportunity to give you a close-up look at how we build and prepare our products.

In this video we show how the Mitras LX LED boards are manufactured in our production facility in Germany.

Did you know?
GHL has been manufacturing and developing its products for over 2 decades!
From the beginning we've held true to our core values in believing that the aquarium industry deserves nothing less than the best. That's why to this day, we continue to oversee and control all major production processes to ensure your GHL product works safely and reliably for years to come.

Our inspection process
Each and every finished component undergoes rigorous testing and quality checks. We test our own boards and do our own QC checks. Even down to the inspection of each LED diode, we check it all.
Mitras-LX-LED-cluster-quality-check.png

We do it because...
We want to make sure that each and every product that leaves GHL HQ is tried and tested to perform reliably. While our competition may outsource these tasks, we do it all ourselves. That way, we can improve existing products and innovate new ideas and bring them to life without waiting on others to deliver.

Want to learn more about GHL?
Click here to learn more about our philosophy on quality assurance and the products we offer.

What does that conspicuously placed big red button do?

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This will stop the reflow proccess in the oven if something went wrong.
These boards are basically going through an oven during a proccess called reflow...

Lol that was such a genuine answer! And so well described.

I was being 100% sarcastic. I should have thrown in a smiley.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol that was such a genuine answer! And so well described.

I was being 100% sarcastic. I should have thrown in a smiley.
Ha ha ha opps. Sorry I thought you were asking cause you are curious ha ha. I deal with SMT and assembly lines alot in my line of work ha ha.

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ha ha ha opps. Sorry I thought you were asking cause you are curious ha ha. I deal with SMT and assembly lines alot in my line of work ha ha.

No worries, like I said, super well described. I used to deal with SMT in my old job, but not much since I switched.

I just had to throw the sarcastic comment out there because that button was almost dead center of the picture and completely isolated. They are supposed to be, but when I first looked, that was all I noticed.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back