How much of the oceans reefs fo you think are still left unexplored/undiscovered?

• 10-25%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 25 to 50%

• Would it be in the atlantic?

• Would it be in the pacific?

• Total voters

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch here

EdgeGBR
ROV Dive 401

Schmidt Ocean

Streamed live on Oct 25, 2020
Join RV Falkor as it conducts ROV SuBastian’s 401st dive on a newly discovered 500 m tall reef. This is the ninth dive of the ‘Northern Depths of the Great Barrier Reef’ expedition. Today we are exploring this 500 m tall ‘detached’ reef, one of seven other detached reefs offshore of Cape York Peninsula, which lie upon a ~500 m deep ledge extending out from below the Great Barrier Reef shelf. The dive will cross the broader base, then climb the steep flanks of the reef to the summit at about 50 m depth - an underwater mountain climb to find out what is living on this newly discovered reef. https://schmidtocean.org/cruise/north... #EdgeGBR

OP
OP
UnderseaOddities

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A great new discovery ...the exsistence of isolated reefs will likely change more and more drastically with climate change we will see more of the hotspots in warmer nutrient rich waters start to culture on shipwrecks along with coral breakage from were ships keel busts coraline growth and distupts the sea bed

OP
OP
UnderseaOddities

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We act as if we have a seed to grow another planet these orgsnisms have been evolving throughout the ages without human interference... heres one to sleep on while were all worried about getting sick nobody cares that japans government is trying to getaway with inadvertent environmental travesty(they figure between kim jong wmd,australian mines,china anf indias garbage and us old policy on nuclear bomb testing on the atolls) they figure the pacifics already polluted enough whats a few more million tons... its sad because this act will raise the ocean temperature rapidly and cause massive bleaching to the already damaged japanese coral systen and maybe even raise ocean temp long term via thermal pollution

Last edited:
OP
OP
UnderseaOddities

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
UnderseaOddities

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And if your a nerd or a noob, here is some techinical info for you so you can better understand the how and why behind the bio-organic chemical symboisis with in your system!

OP
OP
UnderseaOddities

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is super cool! Has anybody else heard of any other small business owners or hobbiest being able to do this(i.e. not universities,zoos or aquariums)ive heard of people being able to spawn maxima clams would love for someone to chime in

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting! Tbh I skimmed the video for about 40 mins but it was incredible!

I went with more than 50% of the ocean is unexplored. What is your answer?

What was that orange and white cardinal looking fish hanging out with the clowns and nems? So cool!

Yes I have read about what japan is planning with their radioactive waste. How is dumping in the ocean even an option? It seems like in this day and age that would wouldn't even be a thought, but there you have it... What a world we live in

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back