A moment of clarity!

Beer snob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0535.JPG

While at Menards today, looking for some landscape material for another project. I noticed the unfinished kitchen cabinets. Hmmm, wouldn’t that make a nice storage cabinet next to the tank. Well, three coats of golden oak stain later..... Not too shabby. I know it’s probably been done before, but I had that brief moment of genius! And that really doesn’t happen all that often. Have a good one!

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! :) I wish I had a Menards or IKEA near me so I could build all these fancy aquarium furniture things too! I'm sure there's an unfinished cabinetry store around me somewhere, but this isn't the first time I've heard of someone getting something nice from Menards

Maggie321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! :) I wish I had a Menards or IKEA near me so I could build all these fancy aquarium furniture things too! I'm sure there's an unfinished cabinetry store around me somewhere, but this isn't the first time I've heard of someone getting something nice from Menards
Ikea isn't that cool. You get sturdier stuff from the hardware stores. Lowes /home depot has the same stuff as Menards, but Menards is slightly cheaper and less damaged than the other stores in my experience.

Great cabinet! Get some casters from a cheap harbor freight cart and it's portable!

OP
OP
Beer snob

Beer snob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ikea isn't that cool. You get sturdier stuff from the hardware stores. Lowes /home depot has the same stuff as Menards, but Menards is slightly cheaper and less damaged than the other stores in my experience.

Great cabinet! Get some casters from a cheap harbor freight cart and it's portable!

Now why didn't I think of that!!

Maggie321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of these puppies. Use them for carrying the load for me. A bad shoulder stops me from carrying buckets and other heavy stuff. This has been one of the easiest solutions.
4c11caa2d8211df08fa7b4045ffbb648.jpg

OP
OP
Beer snob

Beer snob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of these puppies. Use them for carrying the load for me. A bad shoulder stops me from carrying buckets and other heavy stuff. This has been one of the easiest solutions.
4c11caa2d8211df08fa7b4045ffbb648.jpg

Well I know where I’m going tomorrow!

Maggie321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I use for my freshwater tank WC's. (90g and 60g). My salt tank is just a 5g bucket 1x a week, so that's easy. But when I get the big tank up, I will get a seperate one for that so I don't have to mix freshwater and salt equipment. We don't have to lift a thing. Pump the waste water to the drain, then pump the new water in the tank. It works good for moving water as long as you aren't going up hill much.
25f3578a907031c5102767290ee85979.jpg

OP
OP
Beer snob

Beer snob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I use for my freshwater tank WC's. (90g and 60g). My salt tank is just a 5g bucket 1x a week, so that's easy. But when I get the big tank up, I will get a seperate one for that so I don't have to mix freshwater and salt equipment. We don't have to lift a thing. Pump the waste water to the drain, then pump the new water in the tank. It works good for moving water as long as you aren't going up hill much.
25f3578a907031c5102767290ee85979.jpg

NICE!! I’m still trying to get my routine together with water changes. But the next time your at Harbor Freight pick up one of these battery operated pumps. Costs like $10 bucks. Works great for topping off or cleaning your sump
IMG_0536.JPG

Maggie321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NICE!! I’m still trying to get my routine together with water changes. But the next time your at Harbor Freight pick up one of these battery operated pumps. Costs like $10 bucks. Works great for topping off or cleaning your sump
IMG_0536.JPG
In the black tube, out the clear? I could put a filter sock bag on the end of the clear and grab all the gross floaties after I blow off my rocks... right now I just swish a fine net around to grab what I can.

OP
OP
Beer snob

Beer snob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the black tube, out the clear? I could put a filter sock bag on the end of the clear and grab all the gross floaties after I blow off my rocks... right now I just swish a fine net around to grab what I can.

You got it. Zip tie a filter bag to the clear end and you are good to go!!

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 26 52.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.0%
Back