A new store in Madison?

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard that there is a new store in town. I heard that it's on Madison Blvd near Old Time Pottery. Have anyone visited the store?

JSB

Usually Confused
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not heard of it, but I thought a year or so back that that particular strip mall might be able to successfully house an aquarium store. It is accessible, and should likely have reasonable rents. I hope that it is true and my assumptions are correct.

Hassablad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was out there yesterday. They have a few tanks in the store and several birds in cages. Looks like they are just getting started doing the leasehold improvements. It will be a while.

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be:

Sailor's Reef & Exotics
9076 Madison Blvd. Suite 1
Madison, AL 35613

She posted the business license on her FB page.

ProudSoonersFan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks promising. I've such a pain in the neck to go all the way into downtown Huntsville from Athens. It'll be nice to have another store nearby, though I order most of my fish online. Still, if I need some brine or something then this will be really convenient.

navila06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sailors-Reef-and-Exotics/439424139507508
I am on the right, I have been helping them a little with the store, It's gonna be great!!!

fish store.jpg

JSB

Usually Confused
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a little worried as I will pass by there something to the tune of 10 times a week. I will need to modify my route to work to save myself some money.

ChrisKey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they said they want to specialize in saltwater, birds and reptiles. I am not sure how many years they have been in the hobby so I don't know their level of expertise but hopefully they can get on here and chime in on their backgrounds and everything since this seems to be the best local club for salty stuff. But with experience comes knowledge so I hope they do great and have a great community to support them.

It will be great to have a local place to "window shop" (if there is such a thing).

ChrisKey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nick, are they going to have a coral frag tank or just specialize in fish? Any plans for a larger Display Tank?

Sailorsreefandexotics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you hear is true! We will open hopefully the weekend after Thanksgiving. I will keep you updated on here as much as possible, but if you have a facebook account, like our business page and see daily pictures and progress reports on how everything is going and also be on the look out for the VIP passes for the grand opening I am going to be giving away in the next couple of days. :) trust me you don't want to miss out on the saving one of these guys will get ya!

ChrisKey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome to have you on here. I am super excited to come in and meet you in a few weeks and excited for a LFS in our area.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 45.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 34 31.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back