A nightmare is unfolding in the Great Barrier Reef

ZoaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a natural process of nature that has happened many times before and will happen again.
It's not very nice to our view, but this is how the foundations of the reef get laid.
Another layer of coral will grow on the skeletons of these ones, just like these ones did to the ones before them.

Nothing is new under the sun.
It's a little scary to see so many people rushing to a conclusion that humans are somehow destroying the planet.
It would be one thing if we dropped hundreds of nuke bombs on the reef, but nobody's dumped anything out there, much less nukes.
The sun accounts for all the variances in Earth's temperature, Earth is not Venus.
1 degree of "average" temperature change doesn't change anything.
Confiscating our money to try to make the "average" only change 0.1 degree doesn't change anything but our pocket book.
One thing's for sure, there is nothing we can do to stop what's happening on the reef, but any bans are an opposite answer of saving any life.
A speech transcript worth reading.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/201...t-conspiracy-against-the-taxpayer-in-history/

DMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a huge conspiracy guy but you gotta wonder who is benefiting from these new terms like "carbon tax"

DMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry but one of the biggest problem in the Oceans is plastic particles,that is affecting a lot of marine animals, that is not a natural occurrence that is human waste, anyone skimming the Oceans?.

Actually the oceans skim themselves everyday. You see it foaming up on the shores all brown and yucky.
But I agree plastic is a huge issue. Saw some kind of stat that said the volume (hang on let me look this up), oh ya, plastic will out weigh fish by 2050. That's not far off.
http://www.iflscience.com/environment/plastic-oceans-could-outweigh-fish-2050

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I started in the indusrty/hobby we were taking more live rock and live stock from the ocean than we are today. Many collectors were using drugs to capture the fish for the hobby and some still do today. This is a problem and must be stopped.

Many advancements in propagation have made this a more sustainable hobby/industry. We are doing a better job than when I started in the 1980's by a long shot. The Germans we miles ahead of us then and now the world is catching up to the new trends in propagation and farming. This is the direction the hobby/ industry must go to sustain itself. Corals have bleached in the past and will in the future. Since when has science done more than observe and report? When has science advanced to controling our weather or environment? It has never happend and will never happen.

The ecosystem is to complex for us to take an arrogant stance that we can control it. Every time we try we make a bigger mess. We could write a book about all the government programs that have created bigger ecological problems while trying to solve a small one. We are not the masters of our own destiny no matter what this voice or that voice says. Take a breath and make a difference in the areas you control...your own choices and the lives you touch. Be good stewards of those areas and the world around you will be a little better.

I believe there is a loving God involved in all our lives and we can choose to believe or not. Unlike us he does not use force, manipulation, or coercion to control us or others. He extends free choice and acceptance to all who believe or do not believe. He has a solution for our problems if we are willing to trust him. His ways are not our ways...they are much higher and better. He will provide a final solution to all our problems today and in the future. Until then make the choices that better the lives and the world in your sphere of influence. If everyone of us thought of others first would this be a different world? You bet. Would a world governed by us motivated by selfish survival of the fittest ever be the final answer? Never.

Stop looking at the problem and look at the solution.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 97 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back