A other torch ID

Chee-tomorpha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious about this torch I have had for years. It was in my R250 and grew 12+ heads or something before I neglected the tank. This is all I have left after my rebuild and survived. It finally started to grow new tissue over the old dead skeleton so it appears these two heads are happy now, as long as I don't mess anything up.

Torches have become a premium item lately. I remember I paid $30 for a head if this a few years back. I found what has been called a dragon soul torch to have similar colors to this but is $200-$300. I doubt it's one of those.

I know it's kind of blue but the colors are true to that. It's got a purple base, transition to gold/yellow tenticles, and finishes with a green/teal tip.

PXL_20221007_215405756.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Just curious about this torch I have had for years. It was in my R250 and grew 12+ heads or something before I neglected the tank. This is all I have left after my rebuild and survived. It finally started to grow new tissue over the old dead skeleton so it appears these two heads are happy now, as long as I don't mess anything up.

Torches have become a premium item lately. I remember I paid $30 for a head if this a few years back. I found what has been called a dragon soul torch to have similar colors to this but is $200-$300. I doubt it's one of those.

I know it's kind of blue but the colors are true to that. It's got a purple base, transition to gold/yellow tenticles, and finishes with a green/teal tip.

PXL_20221007_215405756.jpg
Please post pic under white lighting. Hard to pinpoint

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like just a gold torch or maybe a black light torch (hard to tell how pronounced the gold is). Also, chaetomorpha is pronounced ‘key-toe-morph-a’ (sorry, I saw your name and I couldn’t resist).

OP
OP
Chee-tomorpha

Chee-tomorpha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for giving it a shot. Just curious but not all too important. I'm just glad it's looking healthy now.

Alias was pretty close. It's pronounced chi, I guess you could make the k sound out of the ch as well.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back