A quality conductivity probe

Rocks reef

Rockin' the Reef
View Badges
Joined
Aug 14, 2017
Messages
12,158
Reaction score
70,255
Location
Michigan
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Randy,

What would you recommend for a good conductivity probe? I know you have mentioned using one as they are quite accurate, however, in the searches I've done. I don't remember actually seeing a name of one you use. You did mention Orion, but they are out of business if I recall.

Thank you for your time.
 
I've not bought a new one, ever, since good ones are fairly expensive.

There are a number of good old and new high end brands. Orion was the gold standard years ago, and I used one of those for 20 years, but it died (the long cracked probed finally broke in two) when I started my new tank.

I recently bought an old VWR conductivity meter on ebay, and I'm happy with it, but they don't come along all the time.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/randys-tank-and-learn-thread.1103636/post-13679890
Rishma recently got this one:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/new-to-me-toy-conductivity-meter.1135451/
The main thing to be sure of if getting a new high end meter is that it has a probe designed to measure in the 53 mS/cm range for seawater. Some are specially designed for much lower conductivity.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new