A R2R Spotlight: "Pink Elephant"

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here was my colony a few weeks after i picked them out.

yelloweyeyellow.jpg

as you can see, they color up nicely in the right environment
P8082702.jpg

organism

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
actually, I pm'd him and he ended up being a stand up guy, which completely surprised the heck out of me, props for that dude

patedship

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine actually look a lot like Jims, but they are very bright! BRIGHT PINK and BRIGHT YELLOW. Jafoca has seen them he can chime in and let you all know how nice these things are.

tommyb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread. Does anyone have any updated pics. I had 3 polyps but am down to one. Would love to see more. Thanks.

iani

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this a week ago from steve from new alameda aquatics. He calls them crazy daisies. I think they are bit different from what you have here. The pinks on the skirt is a lot brighter on this one.
crazydaisie.jpg

berns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love this paly and probably my one of my top wanted morphs, im in UK and they just dont make it across the pond :(

or so i thought...... so how lucky was i to find a single faded polyp as a hitchiker on a dull brown mushroom rock :)

but wat a heart breaker story this has become cause after the single polyp grew into 6x polyps it then recently bleached white and lost all its colour, followed sadly by 5x polyps dieing..... the 1x polyp remaining has recovered most of its colour now and grown a new bud...... so my fingers and legs and everything is crossed for survival and lots of growth, i might be going a little loopy as i actually sweet talk the little fella to grow some more lol.

limestro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up a frag a while back from Miguel. Still needs a little more coloring up but its legit nonetheless.

pelephants.jpg

It seems that there are a few look alikes, I happen to have another one similar to Pink Elephants. Here are the look alikes.

paly.jpg

~Mike

Reefinginpasadena

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pinkelephant.jpg

Do you guys think these are pink elephants only had them about a day and i think they will color up so i got them... just want to know what you guys think?

CoralQueen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
really great looking palys. i think whats most interesting about them is the contrast of colors with the green inside and pink outside. i think the name is definitely a good fit =)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back