A R2R Spotlight: "Ruby Red"

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME these zoos don't like nutrient low tanks...i have shared with a few buddies and if thy have really low nutrient tanks they usually melt or die. in all my tanks i noticed they had the most color and were fluffier :D when i lagged it on the water changes.

hope that helps
angel

I'm a little worried that you're right on with this. I got a polyp or two from Marvin, thanks bud! They were the model of health and opened right away but they've slowly gone down hill and I can't attribute it to anything besides perhaps my low nutrient levels. I had my skimmer out of my tank for the last couple days for cleaning and they seemed to perk up a little.

I'm considering setting up a 30g Cube or a nano for these and a couple others that I have that don't seem to like my system. Cat Eyes and Pink Panthers are the others that I suspect react adversely to low nutrients. Hopefully they hang on long enough for me to get the system going :(

I do have a 10 gallon with some basic zoanthids and in it that doesn't have a skimmer. However it also has a lot of macroalgae and no fish so I don't think it will be the solution.

grisha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is my babys they been staying 5 polyps for 6 month and after half year acclimation took of to 25 in 7 weeks also got this pattern
new242.jpg

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is my babys they been staying 5 polyps for 6 month and after half year acclimation took of to 25 in 7 weeks also got this pattern

Are you saying those looked like Ruby Reds when you got them? I find that pretty hard to believe...

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think its just a pretty pic in the wrong thread, misunderstood...

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone still got these? lol

I just look at my old pics now to get some eye candy of these guys... since I let go of most of the frags I had extra before I moved last December and the ones I kept didn't fare well during the move... I now join the club of people just holding on a few polyps... :(

I dunno exactly what they liked in my tank before but they were decent growers for me from the get go.. I've searched for frags locally w/ lineage to my original colonies but most of the guys that bought from me said they had lost their frags already... I was only able to find a 2 polyps frag a few months back and they're still at two polyps.. :(

man, the good 'ol day... sigh!!!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back