A Red Sea Peninsula Build

bobssecrtsn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was always contiplating if I should start a document of my reef. I have always done it with my past tanks and just thought why shouldnt I? I've been on a break for quiet a few years now and everytime I'm on FB they always show me memories of my reef tanks, This tank has been setup for 7 months now.

CURRENT FTS 5/32020
IMG_3887.JPG

My last build was a Leemar 130G cube and I missed that tank, It had such an open area for scape and ideas, I always bang my head and regret why I ever broke down the tank. Life probably got in the way.
You can see my build here :

FTS of my old build.
IMG_5461_zpsplurutl8 (1).JPG

While I was on my hiatus break, I got married! My wife graduated nursing and started her career, I myself started a new career, We purchased a Tesla, and settled down(almost). We went on our first Europe trip, one our departure date they were cancelling flights and we thought it was going to be a poop show due to the virus..We are planning to buy a home after everything blows over from this virus.

The one whom controls the whip, controls the $$

After speaking over with the wife, I pretty much begged her for a restart, but there was only one condition, DO NOT BUY USED. Over the many years of reef keeping. She learned my mistakes. though I couldnt see it. She kept telling me to buy equipment new, 2nd hand equipment always bit me in the butt. So she told me to buy everything new. and so I did!
I told her I always wanted a peninsula tank, but I never had the room to set one up, She said and I quote, " just buy it and we will buy our home with the idea of having a divider as a tank "
So we purchased a Red Sea Peninsula 650.

Reef saavy tech:

The tank was HEAVY, 3/4" glass all around. it took 5 of us to set it in place.
59468311917__C0B218A2-6160-4D0E-BBE9-6BF5A766BF94.JPG

IMG_3241.JPG

I hated the scape, I needed to rescape it. and add some shelves. I am so much happier how it looks now,

Red sea Peninsula 650
Apex gold
2x Apex Dos
Apex Trident
Apex ATK ( back up)
3x ecotech radions G4 pro
Aquaticlife T5 hybrid 3x Blue+ 1x Aqua blue special
Geo CARX with 5lb c02 tank w/Carbon Doser
Aquamaxx Q3 skimmer
Clarisea 5000 auto roller
AquaUV 40W
2xEcotech mp40QD
Ecotech Vectra m2 for return pump
Coralvue Gyre
Santa Monica ATS

problems:
I had low PH problems (7.6 highest) and needed to address it quickly, So i had to route a hose to the outside, It was a problem since the exterior wall was on the opposide wall of where the tank was sitting, So i had to get creative and use hard plumbing and route it so its not as noticable, Lets just say it works :) now my ph is hovering 8.0 highest,

Kalkwrasser
I use this in my top off water, the benefits are extremely helpful I dont know why anyone wouldnt use it! My ph hovers around 8.3(highest) now. I let my apex DOS handle the top off water, and the ATK pmup as a back up,

I recently setup my ATS, its been about 1.5 weeks now and I already have green hair growing on it,
Nitrates 10
Phosphates .07

Having 21 fishes in the tank and feeding 5-6 cubes of frozen a day really helps with the color of the corals!

3x Lyretail Anthias
3x Blue chromis
2x Clown fishes
2x leopard wrasse
1 melanurus wrasse
3x flasher wrasse
1 red hawk fish
1 naso tang
1 yellow tang
1 blue tang
2x bristletooth tang
1 cardinal fish

OP
OP
bobssecrtsn

bobssecrtsn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some top down photos, Sorry for the crappy photos, Still getting back into the macro shots.

photos taken with canon 100mm macro 2.8 lens.

A reefer gave me this and I honestly thought it wasnt a WD, It was pretty browned out, no colors, no polyps, But after being in my tank its showing some signs of regaining its colors back.
IMG_5944.JPEG

IMG_5955.JPEG

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice!

I have a 650P adventure coming up as well. I bought the 750 then a few months after we ended up buying a house with a perfect spot so i traded the new 750 for a new 650...long story there. but once the reno is done on the house it party time.

I also love peninsula tanks I have a little nano by the couch too. best tanks ever!
keep the updates coming!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back