OP
Reef-roach

Reef-roach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good!

It's awesome to see the progression of your tank! It looks like you've added a lot of LPS and zoanthids since I had seen it last!
Thanks a lot, fellas! Eric, I suppose it's been a few months since you've been by; I think since I hosted the club meet in...March? I've added a couple Faviids, a couple Trachyphyllia, and of course a few new acros, I'm especially excited about that Solomon Island tort from FnF! Broke the bank on that one. I moved some zoas over from the zebra mantis tank, I wanna try to get my hands on a couple different macroalgaes for that tank instead. Thanks for dropping by, gentlemen!

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a tank recently on reddit that had some great macro algaes growing in it. I wish the different varieties were more commonly available, I see a lot of caulerpa around but not much of the dragon's breath and other brightly colored species.

OP
OP
Reef-roach

Reef-roach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen some photos of some cool looking macroalgae tanks with stuff Im not familiar with. I'm going to try researching and tracking some down in the next few months, I'd like to see if there's any that do well or prefer bluer light.

OP
OP
Reef-roach

Reef-roach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much new to report, keeping parameters stable, some acros are coloring back up, some are still being stubborn. Cyano is still persistent, but slowing. Took some am blue pics with a gel filter before work.

OP
OP
Reef-roach

Reef-roach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind words, guys! A few corals are starting to grow in nicely, but it still looks like frag city to me. Had a couple mishaps in the beginning dialing in the doser and alk burned everything. Things have been coloring nicely and putting on size since I've gotten it dialed in. Here's a quick photo of the entire length with the sump cabinet door open. Algae scrubber is behind the black acrylic box.
image.jpg

Very cool set up, nice cabinet.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks good!

OP
OP
Reef-roach

Reef-roach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
Update: the tank hit the three year mark this month. I was hoping to have a bunch of colonies by now, but the pest issues have taken their toll. I'm going to try my hardest not to add any new livestock, just focus on getting everything in the tank 100% for a while. Testing frequently and trying to keep parameters as stable as possible. Local club member @ludnix stopped by yesterday with his par meter and took some readings in the tank. It's hard to tell in a two dimensional picture, but the overflow shades the back of the tank, and the numbers decrease dramatically from the front half of the tank to the back wall. Overall I'm pleasantly surprised by the numbers as I'm not running the highest par bulb combo or an expensive fixture. Thanks for coming by and hanging out, Eric!

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on the anniversary :) tank looks great!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Still it looks good!

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was fun nerding out over the fish tank with you! I didn't realize until I looked at the picture just how huge that wrasse is! I was too distracted by the coral to notice I guess!

OP
OP
Reef-roach

Reef-roach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was fun nerding out over the fish tank with you! I didn't realize until I looked at the picture just how huge that wrasse is! I was too distracted by the coral to notice I guess!
For sure, nerding out on aquariums is always a good time with good peoples. That Melanurus has certainly grown in the time I've had him. Looking forward to seeing your video of Miguel's tank!

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey how's the tank doing? You haven't posted in a while.

OP
OP
Reef-roach

Reef-roach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey how's the tank doing? You haven't posted in a while.
Hey Chrisfish- life has gotten pretty hectic this semester, and the tank has certainly looked better as a result. I've had a couple acros STN and I've had an aiptasia explosion in the past couple months I need to deal with. The fish, clams and LPS are pretty fat and sassy though. Thanks for checking in!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back