A reef on the 10th floor

CookieRdReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have been lucky, I bought them together last November and there is no aggression between them, they were tiny but now one is way bigger than the other one, hard to tell but I might have a mated pair... or at least I would like to think that is the case. :confused:
They are beautiful fish. If I ever lose mine I may try buying 2. How many fish do you have? I also have a 180.

CookieRdReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just... 29!
Lol I was watching a couple of your videos and more awesome fish just kept coming out. Now I understand why! I have 19 fish in my 180 and my wife keeps bugging me to get more. Maybe I will have to get a dozen or so :)

OP
OP
JMacedo

JMacedo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I was watching a couple of your videos and more awesome fish just kept coming out. Now I understand why! I have 19 fish in my 180 and my wife keeps bugging me to get more. Maybe I will have to get a dozen or so :)
You are blessed! Just go out and buy her flowers and chocolates! Since I had a heart attack and stenting four years ago my wife keeps asking me to sell the tank as she doesn´t know what to do with it in case something happens to me!:face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy:

Edit: 30! forgot the cleaner wrasse! I used to have a matted pair but the female died in a MP40 during a firmware update a couple of months ago. The pumps stopped during the firmware update and the wrasse went in. When they restarted killed and trapped her inside.

Last edited:

CookieRdReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are blessed! Just go out and buy her flowers and chocolates! Since I had a heart attack and stenting four years ago my wife keeps asking me to sell the tank as she doesn´t know what to do with it in case something happens to me!:face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy:
This hobby is good for your health as long as things are going well :) cheers to good health and understanding wives

CookieRdReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're reef loaded with awesome fish inspired me to get a few more. I ordered a red coris wrasse, flame angel, and 2 royal grammas. I have 19 now so that will bring me to 23 :) I probably won't go to 29 or 30 but I'm excited for the new additions!

OP
OP
JMacedo

JMacedo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're reef loaded with awesome fish inspired me to get a few more. I ordered a red coris wrasse, flame angel, and 2 royal grammas. I have 19 now so that will bring me to 23 :) I probably won't go to 29 or 30 but I'm excited for the new additions!
Good choices! Just make sure all your rockwork and corals are extremely well secure or the Red Coris will easily flip over a four pound rock, Also they will eat any snails/shrimp as they grow.

I love flame angels but I can´t have them as I have two clams. Nice fish selection you have now!:)

Zuma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible reef!! How does the huma huma trigger behave with all that coral?

I love that you are focused on the over all look of the reef rather then individual "designer" corals.

OP
OP
JMacedo

JMacedo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible reef!! How does the huma huma trigger behave with all that coral?

I love that you are focused on the over all look of the reef rather then individual "designer" corals.
Thank you! The trigger ignores coral and clams, and so far has been the perfect thank mate. I love him!

I couldn't care less about "designer" corals. I prefer whitish light where I can see the real colours of fish and corals. When I purchase corals I always ask the seller to turn the whites on and I look for old school corals. Can't see the point of having to look up close and use orange filters in order to see coral beauty. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Yanir34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @JMacedo
can you please upload screen shot of your lighting schedule?
Also , how high did you hang them above the water surface?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back