A reefing community member needs us...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Saddened to hear the news of the tragic loss of a child of one of our members @cobergas.

I have no words to even begin to express my condolences. I have no idea what you may be going through. Chris we are praying for you and your family in this time of loss. I pray that the peace of God that passes all understanding would keep and comfort you and your family.

R2R community we can help by donating to the family GoFundMe account. Chris is a well known member of the reefing community as a whole and I am hoping we can really help the family out here.

https://www.gofundme.com/4b43c68

23215672_15034299910_r.jpg

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG, I heard this come on the local news and couldn't even listen to the full report.
I didn't realize it was local reefing friend of mine. :(:(:(
Please donate if you can. These are two amazing people. Such a tragic accident.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so very sorry for your loss :( I can't begin to imagine how you feel, it's my greatest fear as a parent.

It might not be something you are interested in now- but, when I was pregnant I stumbled across a great parenting forum called "Then comes family". They have a support network for parents dealing with loss and infertility. Like I said, it might not help now...but, maybe talking with others who understand what you are dealing with, and the daily struggles, might help bring a little peace at some point.

Thinking of your family [emoji171]

Last edited:

acro-ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What a horrific tragedy; as already said, there are really no words for that. I pray that Chris and his family can support each other through this incredibly difficult time.

-Ed

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm usually very skeptical of people asking for money, but for something like this to happen to one of our R2R family members it hits close to home. @cobergas I don't know whether you are spiritual or not, but I can only hope that it helps to ease your pain to know that God is holding your baby right now. And I'll bet His army of angels is singing beautiful songs to your little boy.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris and Samantha are really good friends of me and not that long ago with a small event in Houston I met their little boy.
Couldn't believe the sad news yesterday and all my prayers will be with the Obergas Family.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back