A reefing community member needs us...

ImageX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man so i've been with em all weekend at macna working the booth and i left separated from them in going to dallas but i was supposed to go with them to houston but man chris and sam have had the worst of worst luck.... i tried to tell them that the hurricane took a uturn and and is headed straight for them but they still tried to tough it out and drive to houston.. they got there and wasn't able to access the roads to get to the house... so they drove to dallas and rebagged the corals and i thought they were going to hang out up here for a day or 2 but nope they left first thing in the morning back down to houston and debris hit the sprinter van shattering the driver side rear window... they are in houston now and the warehouse is a little flooded.. they are at the mercedes dealership to get the window fixed and drive back up... but the memorial service was supposed to be monday.. now since the second hurricane irma is tbd... we have no idea when his son's funeral will be.. but please pray for chris and sam... good ppls and definitely don't deserve this!! they have been having a tremendous streak of bad luck... so now they are flood victims as well =( i'll find out more when i talk to him this evening... he's bringing me a rodi unit in dallas.. but pray for something good to happen his way... i feel so bad for him going thru all this ****.. not cool at all...

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been wondering about that. So sad. Praying for better times for all of them.

Shelley

ImageX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok heads up on what we are doing.. chris is headed up here to dallas and we are collecting donations and help for houston.. man he's nuts lol.. like figured he would run out of will power after all this trauma but he just keeps truckin.. fyi if wanting to help msg me or him for info... we are loading up the sprinter van full of goodies for the poor people of houston and port arthur and beaumont and the whole texas coast... hard to believe over 400 miles of coastline was effected by this ordeal.. but yeah msg me or chris or sam to help we doing this dang thang!! if you guys wanna create a relief fund or something we can get it done... also ben su from building a obession is down there as well dunno if hes stuck or not but theres alot of reefers down there... alot tried to make the trip to houston but found no way to get to their homes.. thats not to mention the ppl from san antonio that were at macna as well they couldn't get thru houston highways as well... been a seriously f'd up moment for us here in tx..

Lukas75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saddened to hear the news of the tragic loss of a child of one of our members @cobergas.

I have no words to even begin to express my condolences. I have no idea what you may be going through. Chris we are praying for you and your family in this time of loss. I pray that the peace of God that passes all understanding would keep and comfort you and your family.

R2R community we can help by donating to the family GoFundMe account. Chris is a well known member of the reefing community as a whole and I am hoping we can really help the family out here.

https://www.gofundme.com/4b43c68

23215672_15034299910_r.jpg
I'm sorry for your o

Wael Binali

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's nothing any of us can write that would make things any easier but any of us that see this post are devastated for you and our hearts and thoughts are with you at this heartbreaking news. Much love from here!

twf0369

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so sorry for your loss Chris. There is nothing I can say to help comfort you during these times. I will pray for you and your family.

cobergas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has taken some time for me to come to this thread. I knew about this thread but waited until I could sit down and read all the comments at one sitting. I cannot express how grateful my wife and I are to everyone that commented or left a comment. My wife and I try to be serving people and just help out other people as much as possible. I never would have imagined the outpouring of support that this community has had and continues to have for us. People that know us personally knew us for our dogs and my wanting a large family. I am committed to my wife to push on through life with her by my side and continue to try and build a family together. We have sought out support from a professional and also support groups that are local to Houston. I just want to thank everyone for everything that they have done and continue to do for us. My wife and I like staying in the shadows and not causing any extra attention to us and just be normal people.

I cannot begin to show my thanks for all the love, support and help we have received from the reefing community. I wish I could give everyone a hug. All that I have asked for other people to do is hug their children for me and for them and tell them how much you love them. My wife and I live day to day right now waking up and trying to make the best day we possibly can out of it.

I know where our son is and there have been lots of forgiving going on with the other parties involved.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It has taken some time for me to come to this thread. I knew about this thread but waited until I could sit down and read all the comments at one sitting. I cannot express how grateful my wife and I are to everyone that commented or left a comment. My wife and I try to be serving people and just help out other people as much as possible. I never would have imagined the outpouring of support that this community has had and continues to have for us. People that know us personally knew us for our dogs and my wanting a large family. I am committed to my wife to push on through life with her by my side and continue to try and build a family together. We have sought out support from a professional and also support groups that are local to Houston. I just want to thank everyone for everything that they have done and continue to do for us. My wife and I like staying in the shadows and not causing any extra attention to us and just be normal people.

I cannot begin to show my thanks for all the love, support and help we have received from the reefing community. I wish I could give everyone a hug. All that I have asked for other people to do is hug their children for me and for them and tell them how much you love them. My wife and I live day to day right now waking up and trying to make the best day we possibly can out of it.

I know where our son is and there have been lots of forgiving going on with the other parties involved.

We love you brother.......

eastnjman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saddened to hear the news of the tragic loss of a child of one of our members @cobergas.

I have no words to even begin to express my condolences. I have no idea what you may be going through. Chris we are praying for you and your family in this time of loss. I pray that the peace of God that passes all understanding would keep and comfort you and your family.

R2R community we can help by donating to the family GoFundMe account. Chris is a well known member of the reefing community as a whole and I am hoping we can really help the family out here.

https://www.gofundme.com/4b43c68

23215672_15034299910_r.jpg
I'm so sorry

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 104 80.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back