A Star really was born...

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2016
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
4,914
Location
.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I’d share a frag I picked up from @ycnibrc, which has a fitting name: A Star is Born. This is turning out to be a true low key stunner, and the colors are developing nicely in my tank as it’s cookin. It’s been in my tank for about 2.5-3.0 months now? Perhaps Anthony can share more details of his colony, but I don’t think even the pics he has sent me captures the true rainbow nature of this acro. I’m glad I picked it up from him! Anyway, caught these pics tonight with my XS Max and PolypLab filter.
8a5e81dd995bb1548f8bfd4eab837a7f.jpg
536456227304fb94d77a8344c20205b5.jpg
8889f1711a549a0193870bd798660629.jpg
 
I bought it in a pack from him, but it also helps that he’s super cool with me! I’d PM personally if you’re truly interested.
Yeah I might just do that! I feel like a have alot of acropora corals but I didn't get many colorful ones. I kinda just just bought whatever and some really cheap frags and now I wish I had more "fancy" corals
 
Yeah I might just do that! I feel like a have alot of acropora corals but I didn't get many colorful ones. I kinda just just bought whatever and some really cheap frags and now I wish I had more "fancy" corals

@ycnibrc has some super healthy and fire pieces. You won’t be disappointed with his stuff. He’s gone above and beyond on a few occasions to help me out, he’s a genuine guy.
 
94C97122-5940-4212-BE1E-6B9D6DB9FAC1.jpeg
77920FC2-51C6-45A6-90EA-C6EA05677324.jpeg

Here's the colony shot daylight n blue led. This is a wild piece from kupang Indo I got like 1.5 year ago. Depends on tank it will have pink magenta tip bright neon green polyps and neon green body to gold at the base. I run zeovit so my color is not as dark as John piece.
 
94C97122-5940-4212-BE1E-6B9D6DB9FAC1.jpeg
77920FC2-51C6-45A6-90EA-C6EA05677324.jpeg

Here's the colony shot daylight n blue led. This is a wild piece from kupang Indo I got like 1.5 year ago. Depends on tank it will have pink magenta tip bright neon green polyps and neon green body to gold at the base. I run zeovit so my color is not as dark as John piece.

Anthony, this piece is quite nice. Nice pick up! I see purple, pinks, greens and hints of yellow in it for sure. Truly a rainbow piece. Thanks for letting me buy a piece.

Anthony was even hesitant to sell any until I kept nagging him.
 
Can we get a picture of it under daytime light?

c093ca81c3dacfb0864f148d91ea5c9c.jpg


This is how my eyes see this Mille, top down, at my max intensity setting. There’s no way I can take a photo without the 20k filter. It’s too blue without it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new