A thread for suggestions for improvement to existing aquarium roducts

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok we all have prodcts and have said this product would be so much better if they................I will start.

1,Hanna phosphate tester: I as a lot of others have put the reagent in the tester and gone to do someting to your tank an became engaged in doing only to return to see the resuld did not apear as the tester has shut off so you need to se another 7 minutes of your life wasted?
Solution: SS How huch would it cost to have the tester to beep after the 3 minute countdown to remind you to record the result before the dang thing turns itself off.

2. Eshopps Nano Protein Skimmer: This skimmer skims well...........BUT. The chamber/cup is so dang small so if it is skimmimg a lot you will end up with skimmate back in your tank or on the floor. WHY DID THEY NOT FIT AN OVERFLOW NIPPLE in the cup so it will go down a tube into a skimmate collection bottle.............why?

I would like to invite others to add suggestions for improving existing aquarium products.

1guydude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefglass nano skimmer. The diameter of the glass tube is just too small. A little larger and the skimmer wont backflow or airtrap up i dont think.
I think i can diy one out of pvc and a pop bottle anyway so nvrmind.
D

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inkbird controller-delay in temp updating so the variance is bigger than they state it is.

Tunze ato- come on guys why is the pump so loud, no excuse for it.

OP
OP
S

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure of the company that made the scraper but it was made in China. The 2 knobs are threaded in order to change the blades. The are tiny and are knurled but the knurling is about 2.5mm deep which means you cannot undo them with your fingers, The thing has no slot to open it with a screwdriver................%$#*&(ing why? i have to get a pair of pliers to it which is still hard as the surface of grip is only 2.5mm wide.

RRR.jpg

Back