Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1

I don't know what I'd do without mine. It also has a hepa filter and activated carbon filter for incoming air.

I've been trying to research them more before I drop the dough. I'm just unsure about what brand. I know there are some options I need like the anti-frost ability and that hepa and ac filters sound good too :) Gotta hit the reviews!

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clutch #3 laid tonight! Check out the video below

Alpha Corals LLC - 20111119224237.mpg

Pictures of the clutch today. Not exactly a large clutch lol.

11-21-2011-009.jpg

11-21-2011-009_edited-1.jpg

I'm sure it will get better, haven't been feeding very well at all lately I'm surprised they laid at all.

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Onyx are now laying!!! Don't know when these were laid but there are two very dark looking eggs there now and this male doesn't look like he's eating them. I believe this is their first clutch!!!

11-27-2011-009.jpg

11-27-2011-010.jpg

11-27-2011-011.jpg

My secret to getting the b&w last week to begin spawning again after a 2 month stop and now these clowns laying their first clutch... I stopped doing water changes or cleaning the tanks except for protein skimmers! We have been majorly slacking with feedings, some days only one small feeding but still they lay!!!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
congrats buddy. how many breeding pairs do you have now? so many clowns and it's awesome! :)

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
congrats buddy. how many breeding pairs do you have now? so many clowns and it's awesome! :)

Thanks Marvin! I only have two pairs that are laying eggs right now and combined they laid about 15 eggs this week lol. They will lay more eggs in time. Also, we will get more clowns to lay in time. I've decided to try hatching the two eggs my onyx have right now. I'm speculating that they will hatch this Wed or Thurs and so just started to prep by getting a rotifer culture going. If I am successful this will be my first ever hatch :) Can't wait!!!!

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats! Again!

I think Im setting my cube back up, and Im pretty sure Im going to be getting some RBTA's...Im just waiting to find a good deal on some, know of anyone whos got some? PM me Kris...

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats! Again!

I think Im setting my cube back up, and Im pretty sure Im going to be getting some RBTA's...Im just waiting to find a good deal on some, know of anyone whos got some? PM me Kris...

Thanks Austin! You've got to find a bulk lot for captive grown anemones. My suggestion is to look through the anemone forum and find someone who has an overgrown tank. Shoot them a pm and ask to buy a few :)

Don't hesitate on getting the tank back up, add a few rocks and some saltwater and just top off with RO and check the salinity. After a few months you'll be ready to go! It will only take an hour to setup :)

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light it up!!!

11-30-2011-5855.jpg

11-30-2011-5854.jpg

11-30-2011-5856.jpg

11-30-2011-5858.jpg

Getting ready for some major coral fragging, this is just the very very beginning!!! We already have hundreds of frags and will be taking thousands within the next few months. Then we are gonna let all those frags grow out under these lights for 2-3 months and frag again. I'm gonna be doing some very cool things with the raceways I can't wait to show everyone!!!

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome! Its nice when a vendor isnt afraid to show some behind the scenes action.

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stoplight chalice rim combo. Red Yellow and Green rims!!! Just had to show them off with a quick pic. Bubble algae adds some character lol :)

12-15-2011-004.jpg

I love this Red rim. Never has a red rim chalice been better!!! Been growing this piece for over 2 years. Never cut it!

12-15-2011-005.jpg

Enjoy! Happy Holidays everyone!

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kris! I seen those pictures on Facebook! You need to hit me up! I needa talk to you!lol

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time successfully hatching clownfish eggs last night!!! I started with about a hundred eggs. On the first night after being put in the hatching tank, about 5 of the eggs popped off the pot and ended up on the bottom of the tank i'm guessing due to too much bubbling. On the second night (last night) by 11:30pm about 5-10 had hatched. Some were sitting on the bottom of the tank and darting upwards occasionally. Some were swimming around normally. I have no heater in a 5.5g tank with a temp of about 76-78F (ambient temp). I decided not to add a heater after the first time I tried hatching and the heater malfunctioned heating up to 95F. I have a light over the tank just barely adding light to one corner of the tank. I added some green water to tint and some rotifers last night. I'm going to add some more rotifers today when I go to check them. I'm hoping all of them hatched out by now. Can't wait to see!!!

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pix of the Charlie Sheen.... :( I miss mine...

And congrats on the eggs! Hope they do good for you...

Gamble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the clowns!! After I get over Christmas, I will be hittin you up for a nice pair of clowns.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 92 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back