Cable raceway with snap on cover vs sliding?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be starting cable management on my new build soon. Nothing I'm looking forward to. Its going to be a mess with 15 power bricks and I don't have the knowledge to come up with alternate power sources to eliminate the bricks. I'm looking for some cable raceway to try and tidy thing's up a bit but all that I'm finding are ones with sliding covers which will not work because they will be inside a cabinet with no room to slide the covers off and on. Below is kind of what I'm looking at. Any suggestion for something similar that has a snap on cover? I'm open to any and all suggestions. I don't want all the wires run together where I'll have to fight a tangled mess of wires to get one cord out of I need to. Screenshot_20240322-090947.png

Joe's Coral Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
That is a snap cover you have shown. The covers usually can slide but also snap. Always buy bigger then what you need . I started with the small 2"x2" and quickly found they fill up quick. Ebay has tons of these, seach "wire duct" "open slot wire duct". . Its nice to have a few different sizes to work with.

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a snap cover you have shown. The covers usually can slide but also snap. Always buy bigger then what you need . I started with the small 2"x2" and quickly found they fill up quick. Ebay has tons of these, seach "wire duct" "open slot wire duct". . Its nice to have a few different sizes to work with.

The instructions show it as being a sliding cover. I'll take a look on eBay

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get tank track. It will allow you to radius corners and break out cables easier to where you need them. It’s also a lot easier to remove just one cord without dumping them all out in a giant mess.

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get tank track. It will allow you to radius corners and break out cables easier to where you need them. It’s also a lot easier to remove just one cord without dumping them all out in a giant mess.
Any info or link? A search for "tank track" just brings up tracks for dozers and such.

EDIT: I think I found it but I'm it sure how I could use in in my application as it appears to be for wiring that moves like in machinery with no to exit except out of the ends. Probably would work but I would rather be able to have the wires exit the raceway individually above the connected power brick

Last edited:

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any info or link? A search for "tank track" just brings up tracks for dozers and such.

EDIT: I think I found it but I'm it sure how I could use in in my application as it appears to be for wiring that moves like in machinery with no to exit except out of the ends. Probably would work but I would rather be able to have the wires exit the raceway individually above the connected power brick

You can bring a cable out through the side of any link. Depending how you secure it you can take whole bundles out in one go. For securing it depends what you’re going into. For drywall use anchors, wood screws for wood or double stick for metal/plastic.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back