OP
Wiz

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is some of the life in my dsb. Again 90% of the life is in the top layer with larger grain size. Really upsetting I went through all that trouble to find oolitic just to see 2 worms in it. :-( when I move I might try a second fuge with all large particles and see the difference. Shimek was pretty strong on oolitic supporting the greatest variety of life. But I'm not seeing it.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is some of the life in my dsb. Again 90% of the life is in the top layer with larger grain size. Really upsetting I went through all that trouble to find oolitic just to see 2 worms in it. :-( when I move I might try a second fuge with all large particles and see the difference. Shimek was pretty strong on oolitic supporting the greatest variety of life. But I'm not seeing it.

sweet Peek.
Ill try to get a pic up too. I did go with the thicker mix. and after "only" a year,but mine is the same in the DT. Better bug penetration in the sump though, but harder to check.(stupid stand my fault o course)

Alucard

Stomatopodiatrist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now mine fuge is one of my AC110s, it will be nice to have a full size one again. So something like tropic eden reef flakes/rubble would be best?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 47 43.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 55 50.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 6.4%
Back