A8se help

3rd.coast.villa.reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Cypress
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The App updated and now I cannot connect to the lights. When I open the app it prompts me to connect to a WiFi, however the scan immediately fails. I’ve tried to connect them directly and it seems to work but a pop up message states to connect to WiFi first then boots me back to the main menu.
I’m afraid my light is a brick now, if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.
 
Hello and welcome to Reef2Reef!

We're glad to have you, and we're glad to have you asking questions 🙂

I'm don't have much knowledge about light you're running or how to best advise you here, but I want to bump this up so other R2R members can see your post and offer some help here 🙂

Best of luck to you!!
 
The App updated and now I cannot connect to the lights. When I open the app it prompts me to connect to a WiFi, however the scan immediately fails. I’ve tried to connect them directly and it seems to work but a pop up message states to connect to WiFi first then boots me back to the main menu.
I’m afraid my light is a brick now, if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.
Hi, I've dropped a guide for the lights here. I hope it helps:

Thread 'A8 Light Help Guide Version 2' https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/a8-light-help-guide-version-2.1132876/
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new