A8se & K7 pro V3

Nestorjose4

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 12, 2025
Messages
7
Reaction score
3
Location
Orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! Looking to see if someone knows the answer... I have 2 K7 pro V3 and one A8se Max in different tanks, I prefer the look of the A8, but I have found the K7s to be more reliable... If I lose wifi and power the A8 does not revert to its schedule and settings unless wifi becomes available, whereas the K7 hosts its own wifi signal and is not dependent on home internet, so it never skips a beat even after long power outages and wifi loss...

This is a problem if I lose connectivity while away from home for the A8...
Like I stated I prefer the look so I would like to switch all my lights to the A8 but this is a pretty big flaw when it comes to reliability. Has anyone encountered this issue and/or a solution?

I can see that the app has a direct connect mode feature that lets you directly control the light similar to the k7s as it hosts its own AP connection but I'm not sure if it "saves" the settings after a power loss in that state....

I don't care about wifi control I just want them to go back to their settings after power outages


Thanks
 
You prefer the look of the fixture or of the spectrum output?
The spectrum output. I like how crisp the corals look under blue while still looking "bright" if that makes sense. Vs the K7 its either really blue or too white even with whites at low percentage.... idk if that makes sense 😅
 
Yeah. I run Noopsyche lights over my saltwater and freshwater tanks. I love the adjustability but it seems like when the whites get below 10% it doesn't change. Maybe turn down the royal blue or UV on the Noopsyche while keeping the light blue turned up?

I run a very heavy blue spectrum and add in white just enough to make me happy with the look.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new