AB+ and the Mitras LX 7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, all. I set out to recreate the proven Ecotech CoralLab AB+ spectrum on the LX7, and it's ready to share! Attached, you'll find the GHL Light Composer project. It's a very simple schedule that ramps up, emits its AB+ goodness, and ramps down. Running the project requires some power balancing and running the light at high output/90%.

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 4.22.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 4.23.50 PM.png

If you want to manage the channels manually, the settings are above.

Hope this helps, and please feel free to hit me up here or over on IG (@telegraham).

Be kind, y'all.

Jim

Attachments

• AB+.lpc.zip
    689 bytes · Views: 512
OP
OP
telegraham

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the UPRtek MK350S Premium spectrometer and installed the lights side-by-side. The LX7 and XR30 Gen 4 Pro were 24" above a flat surface, tested in open air, and I dialed in the spectrum based on my sampling.

Check the pic. In classic BRS style, the while outline is the Radion running AB+ at 100%. The spectrum is the GHL's. Power was reduced on the GHL to match the Radion's PAR output, so this is totally apples to apples. The noted differences are GHL's use of actual UV (instead of Ecotech's 411nm violet) and GHL's use of photo red compared to the Radion's 620nm.

Mitras with Gen 4 outline.jpg

Cool! How did you match up the spectrums?

Crimsonvice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the UPRtek MK350S Premium spectrometer and installed the lights side-by-side. The LX7 and XR30 Gen 4 Pro were 24" above a flat surface, tested in open air, and I dialed in the spectrum based on my sampling.

Check the pic. In classic BRS style, the while outline is the Radion running AB+ at 100%. The spectrum is the GHL's. Power was reduced on the GHL to match the Radion's PAR output, so this is totally apples to apples. The noted differences are GHL's use of actual UV (instead of Ecotech's 411nm violet) and GHL's use of photo red compared to the Radion's 620nm.

Mitras with Gen 4 outline.jpg
Awesome! Very nice. I will be applying this later today.

willieboy240

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@telegraham
I tried to put Vinny (GHL) file on here for you to compare. His file works really well for me. I thought you might be interested to compare. I couldn’t post it as I’m to very tech savvy. But I took a picture of his settings.

DAED4C63-7CD7-498F-BDE9-9E35C287FF6D.png

OP
OP
telegraham

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for sharing! I'll take a look at it both in terms of spectrum and wattage.

Jim

@telegraham
I tried to put Vinny (GHL) file on here for you to compare. His file works really well for me. I thought you might be interested to compare. I couldn’t post it as I’m to very tech savvy. But I took a picture of his settings.

DAED4C63-7CD7-498F-BDE9-9E35C287FF6D.png

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you achieve the spectrum, at a lower PAR, without using the power balance?

Curious about how the power affects spectrum with the brightness and individual sliders, if at all.

If I understand it correctly, with the brightness at 90% the LEDs you have at 150% are actually at 135%?

OP
OP
telegraham

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry...not normally here. What did I miss (now that I just put the light back on the frag tank after testing spread)? Y'all want me to load other spectrums and provide data?

OP
OP
telegraham

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally. Load the file, power balance if you'd like, then lower the primary power setting to bring them all down alike. It won't necessarily be linear in terms of power values, but the spectrum will scale correctly.

Can you achieve the spectrum, at a lower PAR, without using the power balance?

Curious about how the power affects spectrum with the brightness and individual sliders, if at all.

If I understand it correctly, with the brightness at 90% the LEDs you have at 150% are actually at 135%?

Aquadude1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pc will not connect to my light. How would I set this up on the ghl connect app? It won't let me use the file

Back