AB+ Red Sea dosing

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With how much time do u think that the tank is mature enough for rs ab+?

A couple of thoughts here, as there is probably no 'right' answer; and it depends on how you measure success.

I typically want to have control of my tank's basic stability (Temp, Salinity, Alk, pH, Ca, Mag), nutrients (NO3, PO4), and nuisance algae, before dosing anything besides the basics (Kalkwasser, 2/3 Part, all in one) to keep the tank stable.

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of thoughts here, as there is probably no 'right' answer; and it depends on how you measure success.

I typically want to have control of my tank's basic stability (Temp, Salinity, Alk, pH, Ca, Mag), nutrients (NO3, PO4), and nuisance algae, before dosing anything besides the basics (Kalkwasser, 2/3 Part, all in one) to keep the tank stable.
Hard to say. For me it's a combination of time and coral demand.

Ow, great! Gonna pay attention to all of that! But Im a lil anxious and I have with ab+ and nopox already :D lol

OP
OP
N

NewGuy8899

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a salt mix anyone recommends for a mixed tank? I’m thinking about going with Fritz blue pro mix.

Frostblitz20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a salt mix anyone recommends for a mixed tank? I’m thinking about going with Fritz blue pro mix.
fritz Pro mix in blue box. *also comes in a black bag if you want a smaller amount* really solid choice and mixes fast. if not then try Tropic marins Salt mix. those 2 i swear by the most.

OP
OP
N

NewGuy8899

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fritz Pro mix in blue box. *also comes in a black bag if you want a smaller amount* really solid choice and mixes fast. if not then try Tropic marins Salt mix. those 2 i swear by the most.
Have you ever tried Red Sea Coral Pro? A local hobbyist swore by it and I’ve been getting some corals from him. So I just got some of that and everything seems to be looking good.

ED3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been swearing by Tropic Marin Bio-Actif for starting new tanks lately. I have no data to prove my tanks "matured" relatively quicker than I'm use to but I certainly had shorter periods of ugly tanks and growing pains that are associated with immature tanks. By no means were any of these stages avoided but I felt they were the shortest periods I've ever experienced in my 15 years of reefing.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the GSP away from your main structure ASAP. It's a vile weed that will consume your tank.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back