Aberrant Angel ID

DanTheShark

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2025
Messages
80
Reaction score
23
Location
Tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m guessing it is either an aberrant multispinus or heraldi angel, but I’m not too sure. Anyone have an idea what this fish is? It came from a Sri Lanka shipment. Sorry for crappy pics
IMG_2199.jpeg
IMG_2188.jpeg
IMG_2183.jpeg
IMG_2192.jpeg
 
I’m guessing it is either an aberrant multispinus or heraldi angel, but I’m not too sure. Anyone have an idea what this fish is? It came from a Sri Lanka shipment. Sorry for crappy pics
IMG_2199.jpeg
IMG_2188.jpeg
IMG_2183.jpeg
IMG_2192.jpeg
Looks like it’s probably a multispinnis to me
 
Ok looks about right, the closest reference I got with this angel is a pic I saw on reefs.com but didnt find anything more than that.
 
Is there anything about the multispinus that stands out compared to other centropyges? The color morph is drastically different compared to a normal one but im assuming the dorsal fin 😅
 
Is there anything about the multispinus that stands out compared to other centropyges? The color morph is drastically different compared to a normal one but im assuming the dorsal fin 😅
The easiest way to ID it is unfortunately by leaving it a few months to eventually colour back to an almost normal looking angel. It’s unknown what causes aberrations and it’s not common for them to keep it long term, usually dying down to a normal looking specimen within a few months.
 
my vote goes to multispinus as well. You can see some semblance of the ear spots above the gills, although that could totally be by chance seeing as the rest of the colors are off LOL
 
ikr, looks like an african cichlid 😭
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new