About my parameters?

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random question here, according to you all, are my parameters OK in my tank? I'm focusing right now on my coralline grownth and the main health of the tank (low waste), also salinity being crazy, parameters here:
NH³+NH⁴ = <0.15 ppm
NO² = 0.07 ppm
NO³ = 25 ppm
PO⁴ = 0.5 ppm
pH = 7.8
KH = 8.5 dKH
Mg = 1440 ppm
Ça = (test kit soon)
Temperature = 26°c
Salinity = 1.028 SG

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random question here, according to you all, are my parameters OK in my tank? I'm focusing right now on my coralline grownth and the main health of the tank (low waste), also salinity being crazy, parameters here:
NH³+NH⁴ = <0.15 ppm
NO² = 0.07 ppm
NO³ = 25 ppm
PO⁴ = 0.5 ppm
pH = 7.8
KH = 8.5 dKH
Mg = 1440 ppm
Ça = (test kit soon)
Temperature = 26°c
Salinity = 1.028 SG
Is phosphate at 0.5 or 0.05?

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks pretty good to me, salinity a tad high and if phosphates are 0.5 and not 0.05 I’d grab some phosban and run it in a media bag till you’re down to .05 or below. Also i’d try to get ph up to 8 but that’s all imo, if you have corals or plan to get them mag is a tad high but nothing to really worry about

OP
OP
littlehermit0

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks pretty good to me, salinity a tad high and if phosphates are 0.5 and not 0.05 I’d grab some phosban and run it in a media bag till you’re down to .05 or below. Also i’d try to get ph up to 8 but that’s all imo, if you have corals or plan to get them mag is a tad high but nothing to really worry about
Yeah, my salinity won't stop rising so yesterday I got so mad I poured a gallon of freshwater and it still did nothing, I use waste away for my photosphates and nitrates, there's a lot of CO2 in my house I think so pH won't stop go down, but it gets to 8 when I open windows, I'm buying a buffer soon, about magnesium I'm just gonna use instant ocean for a while because I'm getting corals soon

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, my salinity won't stop rising so yesterday I got so mad I poured a gallon of freshwater and it still did nothing, I use waste away for my photosphates and nitrates, there's a lot of CO2 in my house I think so pH won't stop go down, but it gets to 8 when I open windows, I'm buying a buffer soon, about magnesium I'm just gonna use instant ocean for a while because I'm getting corals soon
sounds good to me, nothing’s really out of whack except phosphates, I have always had a hard time keeping phosphates down in my tank as well. I believe you’re in pretty good shape though

OP
OP
littlehermit0

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds good to me, nothing’s really out of whack except phosphates, I have always had a hard time keeping phosphates down in my tank as well. I believe you’re in pretty good shape though
I don't really worry about photosphates since it's just algae, I'm actually good with it since it's food for my inverts

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back