About the Sentry ATO that is included with each WaterBox Platinum

Discussion in 'Waterbox Aquariums' started by Waterbox Aquariums, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Waterbox Aquariums

Waterbox Aquariums Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor

Each WaterBox Platinum tank comes with the Sentry ATO unit included for free. It is a great, compact optical sensor ATO unit that we are proud to have with each WaterBox! Here is a video showing the features :)

TonapahNorth and Antics like this.
    Tags:

2. g5flier

g5flier Well-Known Member

The Sentry ATO that came with my WB75.2 was in its 5th day, no issues, filling correctly. This morning I went to check on everything and the red light and alarm was on. Much to my surprise my ATO reservoir, which was just filled to the brim with 5 gallons of RODI the night before was nearly EMPTY, about a gallon remained. After draining some water out and checking everything on the ATO, including the sensor, it was in the right position, connected, etc. I re-powered the device and the blue light came back on and started functioning again. Why the red light and the alarm were on doesn't make sense, my reservoir wasn't dry and the pump was still submerged in RODI water.

I'll send the Sentry ATO back to you if you would like to do some analysis but I'm going back to the APEX ATK. I can't take the risk once coral goes into this system. My Salt level went from 1.o25 to 1.022 due to this device. Not happy!

Your tanks are AMAZING, please don't let this device become the weak link and destroy your name. What is the point to include this with your tanks? I mean seriously reduce the price of the tanks by whatever your cost is on the ATO and compete on the value of your tank and not risk it to an inferior ATO.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 8:01 AM
  3. Waterbox Aquariums

Waterbox Aquariums Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor

Hey, very sorry to hear that the ATO failed on you last night. This isn't a common problem for this unit but of course can happen. I am going to PM you so can get your info in order to make sure you are taken care of for your troubles.

Draft saved Draft deleted