About to start dosing

Sam22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I test alk daily with a Hanna checker and I’m now at the point to keep my tank stable I’m gonna need to start dosing alk. I do weekly water changes and atm that’s keep cal and mag stable. My question is really to see what people would go for cos I’m not sure weather to go with the ecotech versa 4 head so I can dose alk and add on cal and mag when needed or to go with the ghl kh director and stand alone doser as I don’t have the profilux which will keep alk stable but won’t give me the option to dose cal or mag. Any advice greatly appreciated.

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the Alk level that you are trying to keep? what is the level with a fresh batch of seawater? I was thinking that when doing a weekly water change, you are keeping the Alk, Ca, and Mg around the same each time.

OP
OP
S

Sam22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alk is consumed faster than water changes can keep up with my alk I keep about 8dkh I use tropic marine pro salt at buffer it to 8dkh but over the week I drop as low as 6.8 so the water change only lifts alk back up to about 7.2 so atm I manually dose to keep alk at 8. I just wondered what people thought was a better option the ghl kh director and stand alone doser or the ecotech versa as not a big difference in price

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you dose Alk, you should be dosing CA in the same amount, just half hour apart.
At least three/four heads so we can fully automate this task.

I use a Jebao DP-4, $88.00 delivered, four years running now, comes with replacement head.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 67 34.4%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back