Abreviations

StephenMcn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I'm looking at buying a cheap aquarium monitor that allows me to keep an eye on ph,tds,temp,cf and ec. I will eventually go down the route of apex or similar I just don't have the budget at the moment. My question is what is cf and ec. And what should these read in a reef tank. Thanks in advance

OP
OP
StephenMcn

StephenMcn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I'm looking at buying a cheap aquarium monitor that allows me to keep an eye on ph,tds,temp,cf and ec. I will eventually go down the route of apex or similar I just don't have the budget at the moment. My question is what is cf and ec. And what should these read in a reef tank. Thanks in advance

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nothing like a used Reefkeeper averaging $100
Most controllers will not show TDS but rather a meter either handheld or built into an RO unit

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a controller I would look at buying a apex classic you can get them at great prices.

OP
OP
StephenMcn

StephenMcn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a controller I would look at buying a apex classic you can get them at great prices.
Yea I do want to go down that route as I like automation etc. Can you tell me what cf and ec mean in terms of water ? And what they should read in my tank

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I do want to go down that route as I like automation etc. Can you tell me what cf and ec mean in terms of water ? And what they should read in my tank
I do not know where your numbers should be, but with a little research, it looks to me like CF is "Conductivity Factor" and EC is "Electrical Conductivity", which both seem to be measures towards determining nutrients or elements in the water similar to TDS (Total Dissolved Solids).

OP
OP
StephenMcn

StephenMcn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not know where your numbers should be, but with a little research, it looks to me like CF is "Conductivity Factor" and EC is "Electrical Conductivity", which both seem to be measures towards determining nutrients or elements in the water similar to TDS (Total Dissolved Solids).
Thanks for the help.

Back