Abyzz A 200 temp

Willper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all,

I am looking for some information on the Abyzz A200 pump. When pressing the "M" button on the pump driver the message gives the operating wattage, percent of power and temperature. Has anyone seen their pump at 46 celcius. I am currently operating at 86% and this seems high.

Bill

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all,

I am looking for some information on the Abyzz A200 pump. When pressing the "M" button on the pump driver the message gives the operating wattage, percent of power and temperature. Has anyone seen their pump at 46 celcius. I am currently operating at 86% and this seems high.

Bill

Run an Abyzz A100, but its driver went down last weekend... ;Sour

At about 65% the A100 is right at 80 degrees Fahrenheit.

@SPR1968
Would 46-C (115 - f) seem like a high temp on your A200?

Skragan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

the temperature shown in the display is the internal power stage temperature in degree celsius. It is absolutely fine up to 70 degrees, at around 74 degrees the driver will start decreasing the output power. If the temperature still rises above that point, it will shut down with a high temp fault. At that point, the outside of the driver will be around 50 degree celsius. We recommend cooling (=air movement) at 70 degree power stage temp.

cheers,

Alex from Abyzz

Skragan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Run an Abyzz A100, but its driver went down last weekend... ;Sour

At about 65% the A100 is right at 80 degrees Fahrenheit.

@SPR1968
Would 46-C (115 - f) seem like a high temp on your A200?
What happened to the driver? Please send us a message and we’ll take care of it ASAP: [email protected]

OP
OP
Willper

Willper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Skragan for your answer. I was getting concerned that what appeared a high temp was causing the pump to heat up the sump.

Bill

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happened to the driver? Please send us a message and we’ll take care of it ASAP: [email protected]

Alex,
Thanks for lending a hand.

Just sent you an email, describing the total situation.

If Jeff still ran Abyzz USA things would have been handled to help the consumer on all fronts.

Skragan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Skragan for your answer. I was getting concerned that what appeared a high temp was causing the pump to heat up the sump.

Bill
Hi,

well, the heat transfer is not changing by that. Basically all mechanical energy, which is used to move water, is transferred to heat eventually. Even the heat of the driver, if being raised by higher ambient temperature, will affect the system, if it is mounted e.g. below the tank. The advantage of having a high efficiency pump results in the fact that you need to use less energy overall to reach the same water movement as with a pump with lower efficiency. As stated in the attached slides, any pump being totally submersed will transfer exactly it´s power consumption to the medium it´s submerged in - except for cable loss and sound, which is eventually also energy.

But if you need let´s say 200W for pumping up the water from your basement or 300W with a less efficient pump at the same delivery rate, that will be a 50% raise in thermal energy being added into the system. If your system is already running a chiller on a regular basis because it´s already on the edge at winter time, you will see a lot more energy being drawn by that. Same with A/C: If your living room is getting +100W of thermal energy, your A/C will have to work more - so you actually pay for that less efficient pump at least twice.

I hope that answers your question! If you need to find our more, send me a message :)

Cheers,

Alex

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-06 um 09.37.57.png Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-06 um 09.38.15.png

Skragan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alex,
Thanks for lending a hand.

Just sent you an email, describing the total situation.

If Jeff still ran Abyzz USA things would have been handled to help the consumer on all fronts.
Hi,

I have just talked to our support staff and we will take care of it asap! It is honestly best to either call CoralVue (if it´s very urgent) or send us a message to [email protected], as we love to hear first hand what´s going on - then we can lead the communication to the right channels :) but that takes usually at least one day because of the time zone. That´s why CV is a very good address for quick support. If you have experienced issues, please send me a PM or a personal email to [email protected] and I will look into it - I promise.

Cheers,

Alex

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have just talked to our support staff and we will take care of it asap! It is honestly best to either call CoralVue (if it´s very urgent) or send us a message to [email protected], as we love to hear first hand what´s going on - then we can lead the communication to the right channels :) but that takes usually at least one day because of the time zone. That´s why CV is a very good address for quick support. If you have experienced issues, please send me a PM or a personal email to [email protected] and I will look into it - I promise.

Cheers,

Alex

Thank you, Alex

I think Sascha is getting me over the hump with the issue with the USA's vendor terms (that I'm unhappy with), but I'm going to forward you our correspondence so that you can understand.

Skragan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

unfortunately, I can´t change anything on our distributors side - but I can promise you that your problem will be solved and hopefully, I can come up with a little reimbursement for the shipping cost. Please keep me in the loop!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

unfortunately, I can´t change anything on our distributors side - but I can promise you that your problem will be solved and hopefully, I can come up with a little reimbursement for the shipping cost. Please keep me in the loop!

I'm not happy with your decision, Alex

When I bought the pump I thought I was still dealing with Jeff at Abyzz USA.

That Abyzz USA link was still active to register the pump. So, I only found out it changed to CoralVue when CoralVue responded back to the old Abyzz USA link.

If I knew CoralVue had taken over Abyzz at the time, then I would have gone with the Royal Exclusiv newer US 80-watt or their 100-watt.

Then, I'd still have Scott running their service for the USA customers.

If you read Royal Exclusiv USA's warranty terms, it clearly states that they are fully responsible for the custom's shipping cost for the duration of the warranty.

Can't you tell CoralVue to send a shipping label, then Abyzz Germany makes the reimbursement to CoralVue?

Skragan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am sorry I can´t make you happy by covering the shipping cost and that you´re unhappy with my proposal to first see what is wrong and then letting our distribution or me decide how to handle that. As you can imagine, paying everything up front would lead to a point where everyone would like to ship their products for free, no matter whether it is a case of warranty, service or maybe even the users fault. Then imagine not only the US distributor doing that but every distributor world wide... no business would sustain like that (unless you are making 80% margin on a cheap product - and we are very far away from that).

On a side note - and that is not meant bad at all: I`m not really interested in comparing someone else´s warranty terms, when the warranty time is that much different.

It also makes me sad to read that you regret the decision of buying our product just because you don´t like our distribution partner - but certainly I will not change our distribution, as we are very happy with their support and sales work.

So overall, this unfortunately reads as if I can´t make you happy, no matter what I would do. Just being curious: How much shipping cost are we talking about anyway?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back