OP
R

Radicalrob1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Raise it slowly.

IME they will eat both roid and shrimps. Shrimp may be more natural but reefroid is more nutritionally dense - its called "roid" for a reason - so it depends on what your end
Hi all. Thanks for reading.

I've had my acan Coral almost 8 months now. It grew a bit then stopped growing. Are these meant to be fed?

My parameters are good and I've been reefing for a few years now. I have an rbta that's quadrupled in size. My zoa is growing so good too. My clove polyps are also growing very well. Almost double in size. Both my acan and Duncan coral have not grown in at least 6 months. Acan looks tightened up and Duncan only comes half way out. Duncan is getting about 160 or so par and the acan is below that and I assume it's getting around 80 to 100 par roughly. It's almost on the sand bed in my 20 long.

For my Duncan I've seen my female clown harass it sometimes. That could be a cause. But no idea about the acan

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Thanks.

Rob

goal is. Biggest knock against reefroid was that it tend to muck up pO4 but since you are not broadcast feeding that shouldn't be an issue. For these reasons I like reefroid more for target feeding these corals
20210710_131152.jpg

Attachments

• 20210710_131200.jpg
    20210710_131200.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
R

Radicalrob1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been feeding my
20210716_172530.jpg
Duncan and Acan for almost two weeks now. Duncan hasn't improved but I see some improvement in my Acan. I'm thinking the clownfish won't leave the Duncan alone. The only coral that ever successfully hosted my clowns was a toadstool. But it grew almost a foot across so I had to get rid of it lol. Going to be taking my Nems to the lfs soon as they're too big as well. I may end up taking the Duncan and replacing it with some beginner sps. Just started using the aquaforest mag and calc and my levels are great.Got my alk up to 9, mag at 1400 and calc at 420.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back