Acan coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter fishy103
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fishy103

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2024
Messages
62
Reaction score
19
Location
Franklinville
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Acan coral has changed a bit… and it doesn’t look like it did before does it look healthy to you:

IMG_3458.jpeg
 
To me it looks a bit unhappy. Do you spot feed it. Mine luv Roids, Benes, and I fed them some blood worms today. They are fat and happy. Maybe too much light also?
Mine are at about 50 par I'd guess.
 
To me it looks a bit unhappy. Do you spot feed it. Mine luv Roids, Benes, and I fed them some blood worms today. They are fat and happy. Maybe too much light also?
Mine are at about 50 par I'd guess.
I do spot feed it brine shrimp is that ok?
 
Looks ok.

Cyano…..remove it…..check your parameters for zero nutrients, or sky high nutrients and put them in check.

It likes unstable chemistry
 
I do spot feed it brine shrimp is that ok?
If they eat brine shrimp, then I would say that's fine. If you can get some blood worms, I bet that would wake them up. Also tell us your water parameters and how much light they are getting. They don't need much light but like some nutrients in the water like Zoes do. Phosphates up to .1 and nitrates around 10 or so are what mine stay in.
 
If they eat brine shrimp, then I would say that's fine. If you can get some blood worms, I bet that would wake them up. Also tell us your water parameters and how much light they are getting. They don't need much light but like some nutrients in the water like Zoes do. Phosphates up to .1 and nitrates around 10 or so are what mine stay in.
Nitrate is about 5 which is fine right? And they are in the spot in the tank with minimal light.
 
My Acan coral has changed a bit… and it doesn’t look like it did before does it look healthy to you:

IMG_3458.jpeg
It looks good to me. What has changed? Shape, fullness or color. If it’s color, that isn’t unusual and could be normal as long as it has the right intensity of light.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new