Acan deflation

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about moving my acans back to where they were before, with little light. I moved them to the lower portion of the tank on the rocks so that they would spread. Since I've done this, they have deflated and no longer are huge and puffy. The just look... meh. I haven't been directly feeding them as of late. I usually just broadcast feed majority of the time. So I'm just not sure if it's lighting, flow issue, lack of food, or all of the above. I'm not fond of moving them, as I glued them after taking them off the frag plugs.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could just be a lot of initial stress to everything, give them time

Eckolancer

LED GURU
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How low are they and do they get enough direct light? They do need more light then you would think. But could just be a moment of stress from the move down low like shep said.

Stephanie11

Fragaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im thinking pest or parameters. This has happened to me before. For me it was either fire worms, spaghetti worms, astrina starfish, or something I couldn't find. I dipped all my acans, put them in my frag tank and within a couple of days they were poofy again.

Different water or no pests and they all rebounded fast!

But then this happened to all my zoas on my sand bed and not on a frag rock I have. So I'm really thinking pest.

OP
OP
MrDJeep123

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could just be a lot of initial stress to everything, give them time

Stress to what? Being moved? See reply to below quote.

How low are they and do they get enough direct light? They do need more light then you would think. But could just be a moment of stress from the move down low like shep said.
They've been there for a few months now. Maybe 2? Prior they were on the sand bed. They probably sit no more than 5" inches from where they used to sit.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh I did not realize they had been there for that long

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 39 57.4%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back