Acan help

turbois300

Man In Need of Sleep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. So I have this nice and growing polyp of Candy acan?? Help me here Tony. Well.... Its srpouted 4 babies already and they are growing very fast...........

I got up this morning and there is a big white melted area on the main big polyp. It still has the fleshy area around the rest of it and its all puffed and pretty. The babies are fine with tentacles out feeding. ?????????

It is litterally disolved down to the skeleton??? There arent any corals nearby that could sting it..so I'm at aloss.. I just started feeding that marine nutrition the orange stuff.

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A picture will do yourself and the community a lot of guess work here ...;)
It's common for the polyps to curl up into a Ball ..... IMHO and as long as there's nothing pestering it and it usually does that right after feeding or if it has captured any food particles ....
I would feed it meaty food like P E mysis shrimps or little chunks of Shrimp .. just enough for it's small mouths ..!!

HTH,
Paul

OP
OP
turbois300

turbois300

Man In Need of Sleep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. It definately isn't retracted as te flesh and tentacles that were there last night aren't there now. I'll try and get a soht but my camera sux and i can't get in close. Thnks mang!!

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not good. Sounds like something got hungry in your tank. Losing flesh just overnight like that. I would feed it and the lost tissue will grow back. But it sounds like something might nipped on it.

OP
OP
turbois300

turbois300

Man In Need of Sleep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It goes from the middle to the edge its a pie piece shape. about 1/4" at the edge. Really wierd.... Would a mithrax crab do that? Its the only thing new added recently. I've been target feeding it and hense the amount of new babies... If it could have been the crab then the crab is coming out!!!

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would keep an eye on the crab. I know they will go after the food and pull them out of the acans mouth when you feed. That's why i don't keep crabs anymore just tiny blue leg hermits. If they start to grow big into the refugium they go.

OP
OP
turbois300

turbois300

Man In Need of Sleep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah well Its on its way now.. I don't think it was trying to get the coral just the food. not taking chances though

OP
OP
turbois300

turbois300

Man In Need of Sleep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... good news. It is already healing over. still puffy and nice...I'll keep an eye on it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back