Acan ID

Corey Shelk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can any give a positive ID for these 3 acans? They weren’t labeled at the store, and they’re my first ever acans so I have no clue. If you need better pics I can try and get some when their polyps are more extended. They were just added a couple of hours ago so not fully puffed up
57E193C8-4FDB-4E5C-8E9C-ED224522B5F4.jpeg
02678373-C152-4D37-A6FE-1AFE1ACCC0A3.jpeg

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some similar to the green and purple that were labeled "toxic". very similar with the green and purple and very large polyp. Other is probably a rainbow of some sort. Nothing with any special name. So many Acans (micros) of similar color with a multitude of names depending on vendor.

OP
OP
Corey Shelk

Corey Shelk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some similar to the green and purple that were labeled "toxic". very similar with the green and purple and very large polyp. Other is probably a rainbow of some sort. Nothing with any special name. So many Acans (micros) of similar color with a multitude of names depending on vendor.
Oh ok so they’re all the same species? Just different fancy names?

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep acan or micomussa lordhowensis, it wont have a name to it unless it has lineage or if you just want to make up a name.
For some reason rainbow is thrown around with acans a lot but it is a broad and i dont think very defined category

OP
OP
Corey Shelk

Corey Shelk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep acan or micomussa lordhowensis, it wont have a name to it unless it has lineage or if you just want to make up a name.
For some reason rainbow is thrown around with acans a lot but it is a broad and i dont think very defined category
Ok awesome, thank you!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back