Acans the 2019 fad???

Will acan lords be the hot coral of 2019?

• YES

Votes: 101 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 283 52.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 154 28.6%

• Total voters

Blackice615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spaced them out hoping to cover the whole rock in one year

20181231_160234.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I personally love acan lords but long term success for me has't been that great! Long term meaning years.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of our local lfs had a shipment of really nice Aussie Acans and guess what ... hardly anyone came to grab the nicest ones ... I mean like c'mon people!!? They were Grade A+ quality. Boxing Day sales was like Cdn$30 a frag piece and we're talking a very decent sized piece too! :D

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of our local lfs had a shipment of really nice Aussie Acans and guess what ... hardly anyone came to grab the nicest ones ... I mean like c'mon people!!? They were Grade A+ quality. Boxing Day sales was like Cdn$30 a frag piece and we're talking a very decent sized piece too! :D

Sigh.. If I wasn't so far away they'd be in my tank right now...

Given that it is 2019 can we stop calling them Acans already?

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sigh.. If I wasn't so far away they'd be in my tank right now...

Given that it is 2019 can we stop calling them Acans already?

Hey Andrew ... a Happy New Year buddy! Heck those Acans were really nice and the first time NAFB brought in them nice Aussie acans. I believe they're trying to bring in another nice acan shipment in the near future.

Most of the reefers went for the neon Green acans when there's some ultra rainbows right in front of them. Beats me if you're to ask me ... why Green? ;Facepalm

tnyr5

Tony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally love acan lords but long term success for me has't been that great! Long term meaning years.
What are your temps? They do better in cooler reefs.

The next fad will, of course, be the mad rush for indo lps that, up until the ban, none of you cared about. :p

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Direct feeding seems to help them immensely. I am not an expert nor have I had long term success with them, but I am having short term success with them and I have seen that recommended over and over.

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate fads. When I first started about 7 years ago the fad shifted from sticks to chalices to shrooms with zoas mixed in there. I've always been a stick head and never got into the other fads but I love acans and the price on them right now isn't too bad. I have a few and like above have a couple rock islands that I want them to overtake. Hopefully the price doesn't jump too much if they are headed to fad territory!

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your temps? They do better in cooler reefs.

The next fad will, of course, be the mad rush for indo lps that, up until the ban, none of you cared about. :p
If the ban is ever lifted, that will be the truth! IMO LPS have some of the most brightest, most beautiful colors, and sooo intersting to watch! Not that I'm against them, I love them to, but how many sticks can you actually watch open up into something entirely different and eat? I've seen my acans eat a whole shrimp skin (large), and my Scoly eat a snail, and spit out the shell! My Grandson thought that was gross ;Hilarious

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like there have been a lot of zoa & paly reefers lately.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back