Acans Why Do They Hate My Tank?

See Gee Sea

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2020
Messages
149
Reaction score
94
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, we've all heard that acans are "easy." Being the case, why am I about to smoke the 6th acan (a lovely small colony)? Aside from a slight uptick in phosphates .16 and which is now back to .02, N04 12-16, Alk 10.1, Cal 440, Mg 1260 I can't figure out why this particular colony is dying. For perspective I put the rest of the tank photo in here. The only other issue I'm having is the hammer stinging the monti cap because both are growing too quickly. Are there some corals that just don't like some tanks no matter what? That coral beauty that got it's tail in the photo is for the most part a model citizen. I've never caught it nipping at anything and it's well fed.

IMG_7826.jpg

IMG_7827.jpg
 
The odd thing about nipping fish is that they typically do it when you aren't looking :astonished-face:

Since the rest of your corals look fine and you've tried six different acans, I'd lean towards the Coral Beauty. Suppose you could set up a video camera to see what happens when you aren't around.
 
The odd thing about nipping fish is that they typically do it when you aren't looking :astonished-face:

Since the rest of your corals look fine and you've tried six different acans, I'd lean towards the Coral Beauty. Suppose you could set up a video camera to see what happens when you aren't around.
I agree. I also have a dwarf angel (Centropyge argi) and it nips at micromussa.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new