Acantho being harassed by peppermint shrimp

fishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had an aiptasia issue ao I got some peppermint shrimp. I was told they wont harm my corals and now my Acantho is being damaged by them at night. I stayed up late and caught them torturing my meat coral who is now sick. Can anyone help me treat the coral back to good health? It used to be ao active and happy and now it is not doing well.

3F6E463E-CE4B-47E9-9F8A-46F4E370CA6F.jpeg

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes it is hard to judge what's come first - the hen or the egg. It can be that this coral get sick from parasites/bacteria and that the peppermints in fact is helping the coral. In which way can you see that its sick? What's your nutrients levels?

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
fishy

fishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes it is hard to judge what's come first - the hen or the egg. It can be that this coral get sick from parasites/bacteria and that the peppermints in fact is helping the coral. In which way can you see that its sick? What's your nutrients levels?

Sincerely Lasse
Thanks for responding. The coral was
doing great, eating and spreading out. I recently got the shrimp to deal with aiptasia issues and after that I noticed that the coral was not behaving the same during the daytime - not eating, not spreading, etc.

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, shrimp gotta go. They will eat coral if they decide to. By no means are peppermints strictly only going to eat nems.

OP
OP
fishy

fishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any help you can give me on how to revive my beautiful meat coral would be appreciated. it was so active an happy until it was being attacked. I covered it last night but I want help from all of you experts to get it healthy again

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any help you can give me on how to revive my beautiful meat coral would be appreciated. it was so active an happy until it was being attacked. I covered it last night but I want help from all of you experts to get it healthy again
try some spot feed with a cone so the shrimps dont bother it

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many shrimp and crabs will tear open LPS mouths to steal food from the coral in my experience. Lost way too many acans this way at one time before I figured out what was going on and most people just said they were harmless and they wont hurt coral.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 20.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 113 73.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back