Acanthophyllia Meat Coral Care Tips

Ok, so I saw these beautiful Acanthophyllia corals for sale and was thinking about getting one. I believe it's very important to get them at the peak of health so if I decide to get it I'll ask for a current picture. My question regards lighting...I've heard moderate lighting but due to the light I have on the nano being way overkill, am worried it may be a little strong. If this is the case, how can I know before it's too late? Would it be a good idea to start the light very low and ramp it up over a week? Here are a few of the pieces I've been looking at.
1696174069600.jpg 1696174066593.jpg 1696174062213.jpg 1696173885121.jpg 1696173885012.jpg 1696173884827.jpg
 
These are all very nice acanthos
I would definitely create a rock scape that shades these coral if you can’t dim your lighting to it’s needs. Also watch for water quality and worms that may borrow into its skeleton since it has holes exposed
 
These are all very nice acanthos
I would definitely create a rock scape that shades these coral if you can’t dim your lighting to it’s needs. Also watch for water quality and worms that may borrow into its skeleton since it has holes exposed
I hadn't seen ones that looked like meteor showers until I saw these!
 
I proposed a deal with the shop and if they go for it, do they all appear to be in good health to you guys? I know that once they start to decline it's difficult to stop...
 
I proposed a deal with the shop and if they go for it, do they all appear to be in good health to you guys? I know that once they start to decline it's difficult to stop...
Of all of those, the first galaxy one looks the healthiest. The others have slightly gaped mouths, and one of them is actively spitting zoox.
 
There are also these two... @Mr_Knightley what do you think about them? Different seller so I wouldn't be able to make the same deal which includes a couple other inverts but it would still be a great price if they look to be very healthy. I know the second may be different to judge because of how it's folded...
Screenshot_2023-10-01-20-10-09-663_jp.naver.line.android.jpg Screenshot_2023-10-01-20-10-02-900_jp.naver.line.android.jpg
 
There are also these two... @Mr_Knightley what do you think about them? Different seller so I wouldn't be able to make the same deal which includes a couple other inverts but it would still be a great price if they look to be very healthy. I know the second may be different to judge because of how it's folded...
Screenshot_2023-10-01-20-10-09-663_jp.naver.line.android.jpg Screenshot_2023-10-01-20-10-02-900_jp.naver.line.android.jpg
They both look great, but the first one looks best to me.
 
Pretty simple requirements:
Moderate light and water flow and feed 2-3x per week
Assure parameters in range

temp 76-79
Salinity 1.025
Ph. 8.1 - 8.3
Ammonia. < .04
Nitrate < .05
How do you measure Nitrate 0.05?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new