Acanthophyllia Question

ErikEdmund

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2023
Messages
20
Reaction score
10
Location
Raleigh
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this acanthophyllia coral for a few years now. It was originally in my nano, but outgrew that and moved to the big tank about 5 months ago. It's always been one of my healthiest and heartiest corals. Over the last week or so, it's stopped spreading out like a lava cake and has shrunk up dramatically. It doesn't look like the flesh is receding or there's any bleaching. I tried dipping it and moving it to a darker corner of the tank, but no luck. Has anyone had experience with anything like this? It's been one of my favorite corals and I'd hate to lose it.

DSC02707.jpg
 
I've had this acanthophyllia coral for a few years now. It was originally in my nano, but outgrew that and moved to the big tank about 5 months ago. It's always been one of my healthiest and heartiest corals. Over the last week or so, it's stopped spreading out like a lava cake and has shrunk up dramatically. It doesn't look like the flesh is receding or there's any bleaching. I tried dipping it and moving it to a darker corner of the tank, but no luck. Has anyone had experience with anything like this? It's been one of my favorite corals and I'd hate to lose it.

DSC02707.jpg
did you make any changes? What are your parameters?
 
1. I need parameters
2. I need the PAR
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new