acanthophyllia wont eat

I am an avid feeder of my corals, but I would second the advice above. I have unfortunately had several acanthos die and I think that when they don’t eat they are not in the best of health and find it kind of stressful to eat. My experience with trying to continually feed them in response to them not eating is them dying. If you want to make it gets some nutrients other than from the light I would try turning your pumps off and giving it some liquid food like Restor.

Just another note, I do have a tang that really likes to steal anything I feed them so it’s possible they just don’t want to be harassed if you have something similar because I have seen the feeding response go down after the tangs pick at the food they have caught.
 
I saw you got this acantho recently

I have heard that acantho’s should not be fed for the first few weeks after introduction to a new system

Once it’s comfortable it will show you when it’s hungry. Typically at night after lights out
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new