Acanthophyllia

Tahiti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they hard to keep

(people often do not know what this coral is so please only comment if you know what it is thanks)

I got my first one about 2 months or so ago and its doing great so far. I feed it pellets a couple times a week and that's about it. They are super expensive from vendors so I got mine from a local reefer for a super cheap price.
So for me they aren't difficult to keep but then again it hasn't been that long lol

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No, Acanthos are easy. They sometimes don't ship well though. Direct feed meaty foods and they are happy as can be. Make sure you have plenty of room. This one was sold to me as a “nano Acantho” a year ago, it's now 10" wide. IMG_3421.jpeg

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could never justify the price of those corals anywhere other than what they go for here because they're so common and honestly color variations mean very little to the vendors. I'll eventually get one here just because I don't want to risk missing out on the opportunity if I were to move anywhere else on the world. The price is ridiculous imo in America and Europe and nothing can justify it imo either.

OP
OP

2020 Worst Year

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, Acanthos are easy. They sometimes don't ship well though. Direct feed meaty foods and they are happy as can be. Make sure you have plenty of room. This one was sold to me as a “nano Acantho” a year ago, it's now 10" wide. IMG_3421.jpeg
it would not be over night shipping the place i would be buying it from would get a personal delivery which is like 4 hours

OP
OP

2020 Worst Year

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could never justify the price of those corals anywhere other than what they go for here because they're so common and honestly color variations mean very little to the vendors. I'll eventually get one here just because I don't want to risk missing out on the opportunity if I were to move anywhere else on the world. The price is ridiculous imo in America and Europe and nothing can justify it imo either.
i think they have been banned from importing them here in the UK thats the reason for the price

1112-425XL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had mine since April. They're not difficult at all. I feed it mysis shrimp and reef roids every couple weeks and it also gets what the fish miss.

20230926_111657.jpg

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
acanphophyllia.jpg

This is the 1 i want
Very beautiful piece! I won't ask the price. I should really take advantage of my location and buy one or two. Many are far more beautiful than those that cost several hundred dollars anyway. They are flat out cheap in comparison to pretty much any basic coral you'd see at a typical shop. I won't say numbers unless you DM me.

OP
OP

2020 Worst Year

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very beautiful piece! I won't ask the price. I should really take advantage of my location and buy one or two. Many are far more beautiful than those that cost several hundred dollars anyway. They are flat out cheap in comparison to pretty much any basic coral you'd see at a typical shop. I won't say numbers unless you DM me.
how much are they where you live?

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
DM me because I don't want to appear to be bragging or seem disrespectful to others who have no choice about the price.
Meh, I agree they are pricey, overly so in the US. You can get basic colors economically if you shop right. This was 70$ and I've had it about a year. This is it retracted towards lights out, fully expanded it is massive.
P_20231013_211407.jpg

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meh, I agree they are pricey, overly so in the US. You can get basic colors economically if you shop right. This was 70$ and I've had it about a year. This is it retracted towards lights out, fully expanded it is massive.
P_20231013_211407.jpg
$70 Is a fair price...go look on TSA's website...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back