Acanthurus bahianus w/sailfin

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm opperently stupid. I always thought theese fish were atlantic blue tangs.
Well opeerently they are diffrent. So I've gone all this time thinking I would have to sped 150$ on a atlantic blue that are constantly sold put and quite aggressive. Well I can get the fish i acually want for 50$. Well do you think one of theese baharius could do good with a sailfin? It's a 90 gal (I know hush i know i can keep 2 tangs).

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm opperently stupid. I always thought theese fish were atlantic blue tangs.
Well opeerently they are diffrent. So I've gone all this time thinking I would have to sped 150$ on a atlantic blue that are constantly sold put and quite aggressive. Well I can get the fish i acually want for 50$. Well do you think one of theese baharius could do good with a sailfin? It's a 90 gal (I know hush i know i can keep 2 tangs).
Youve picked two big tangs for that size of thank, thats probably not going to work long term

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a sailfin for 7 years and it was not aggressive at all. I think atlantic blues get a little more aggressive over time but if they are small they will not outgrow your 90 for many years.

OP
OP
randomfishdude

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a sailfin for 7 years and it was not aggressive at all. I think atlantic blues get a little more aggressive over time but if they are small they will not outgrow your 90 for many years.
The 90 won't be up for much longer. Myy sailfin has accepted another tang before.
But ocean surgeonfish is diffrent from the abt. I do plan to keep them together as they often school together In the wild. But only when I get a big tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back